Full rack... 1st attempt!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bobbydrake

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Canisteo, NY
I have made some country style ribs before, but here is my first shot at a full rack. I was running around trying to get the ribs ready so I didn't get any early picks. I picked these up on sale at my local Wegmans. They came prerubbed and vacuum sealed.

I used the 2.5-1.5-1 method. My fake smoker only goes as low as 270 degrees, so it cooked a little faster than I wanted. 1st shot is after 2.5 hours and getting some sauce before I wrapped it in the foil. the sauce is a mix of store bought BBQ sauce, vinegar, water and most of the spices found here in estimated amounts (I kinda guessed at what looked like a good amount for how much sauce I was making).

Unwrapped after 1.5 hours and another slathering of sauce.

All done!

They turned out GREAT!

Hey BobbyDrake,

Nice looking first attempt at a first rack! Great pull back on those bones. Points for the successful first attempt!
points.gif

You are on a roll my friend, congrats to you.

MMmmm. Got a little smoke ring going on there, and nice pull back off the bones. Not to mention they look a might delicious. Good job on your first rack.

They look like they would melt in your mouth... Great job on your first rack...

Those ribs look great
points.gif
on your first smoke and nice pull back on the ribs they look yummo and juicy too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky