Frito Pie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
There are many versions of this out there. Wife brought home a big bag of Frito scoops the other day. The day before she had made chili. As soon as I saw that bag of scoops I knew what we were having for dinner. I like the smaller Fritos, but I have to say the scoops are way better for Frito pie. Big ol divot to fill with toppings! Simple, just like nachos.

If using a Dutch oven set it up for 350°. I prefer to use a liner, so that I can assemble the the Frito pie then place in the pre-heated DO. Easier to serve this way too. if you are using a liner that isn't the same brand as your oven check the fit before pre-heating the oven. You can make this in a cast iron skillet in the oven too.

1. Place a layer of chip covering the bottom of the DO.
2. Add chili on top . We also added refried beans.
3 Add grated cheese, sliced jalapeno, sliced olives, sliced onion.
Repeat steps 1-3 (2) more times.

Place in DO and cook until heated through and cheese is all melted (15-20) minutes. Remove and serve.

49462077682_89dfb933da_c.jpg

49461364973_c504f0429a_c.jpg

49461059008_c61d1b9e4c_c.jpg

49461543256_31bbb1f503_c.jpg

49461059058_b81188c569_c.jpg

That looks really good! And filling for sure. Ya gotta love those do liners...makes clean up way easier

Ryan

That looks really good! And filling for sure. Ya gotta love those do liners...makes clean up way easier

Ryan

Thank you! They are filling. I also like to preheat the DO so using a liner allows me to preheat the DO and assemble whatever I'm cooking while that's happening.

Looks great! Reminds of the "walking taco" only better! Thanks for sharing this.

That looks so good! I made brisket chili for the game and there are a ton of leftovers. This would be perfect. Only problem is my heartburn still hasn't relented from yesterday!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky