• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Free apple wood

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coyote1263

Feb 19, 2008
Prune'n the apple trees that ain't been pruned since before 1987.If anybody is interested in it?I'm about a 1/3rd done,never pruned a tree in my life if anybody has any tips?Thanks,is the bark undisirable for smoking meat?I live in central Illinois.I thought about renting a chipper but don't have time.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
A decent chipper would make quick work of that and give you some great chips. It would be faster than trying to load it all up and hauling it off.

kookie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Mar 27, 2007
To bad I am so far away...... I would take some off your hands.....But oh well.....I do believe you need to remove the bark, but I have never used an wood but what you get in the bag at the stores.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky