First Time Meatloaf W/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ron, I have a question. In the first picture you have the meatloaf sitting on a rack above the drip pan. In the next picture the meatloaf is sitting in the drip pan. Hows come?

It was being taken off the smoker to rest.

looks great

I have also never prepared meatloaf
this would be working away in no time,at our home
icon_smile.gif

I thought I'd tag along on this thread. Did my first Meat Loaf today along with some drumsticks since I had the room.

I used Jeff's recipe but left out the salt and pepper (blasphemy!) because my wife wants to add her own (or not). I was sitting at the table looking out to the smoker on the patio and saw these little wisps of TBS. "Cool" says I. About five minutes later I look again and had a WTF moment! Big clouds of opaque smoke billowing out of my smoker. I ran for the water spritzer bottle and some aluminum foil, shot the chip pan a few times, and then covered it with a second piece of foil. That decreased the smoke and I went back to reading the paper. About a hour later I couldn't suppress my curiosity any longer so I opened up the smoker and took out the chip pan. When I took off the pieces of aluminum foil the inside one was covered with soot but the second one wasn't bad. I got lucky that I didn't cover the meat in black stuff. BTW, the wood was leftover apple chips, from a previous smoke, that had turned to charcoal along with some unsoaked Pecan chips that I picked up this morning.
I was trying to decide what to put the meatloaf on this morning. I was going to use the upside down muffin tin technique but while I was shopping this morning I saw this veggie pan with the holes in it and decided that that would be perfect. It was, and it washed up great.
The loaf turned out the way I wanted it, a little on the dry side, but not hamburger dry. I put some Open Pit (have to use it up and wifey likes it) on it after it hit 160 and left it in for another 10 minutes. I hope i don't lose points for the Open Pit.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

The adventure continues.

Looks pretty good Mike, you should be sure to post this in your own thread, you'll get lots more views and feedback.
Keep up the good smokes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky