First time fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikeworthington

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2014
MS Gulf Coast
This is my first attempt at rollin' and smokin' a fatty. All in all it came out fairly good. I just made a basic roll with JD sausage, sliced pepper jack and shredded cheddar cheese. I must have gotten the cheese too close to the edges because even with rolling it tight in the plastic wrap, the cheese still leaked out the ends a little.

My next one, I want to try roast beef hash, pepper jack and soft scrambled eggs.

Thanks for taking a look.

Michael

Thanks Dirtsailor2003!  It was a team effort with my oldest daughter doing most of the work, my wife helping and taking pictures, and myself telling them what to do since I only have the use of my right arm due to a stroke. I did the actual cooking on the pit.

I thought they did a magnificent job considering it was the first time. :)

Michael

Thanks Dirtsailor2003!  It was a team effort with my oldest daughter doing most of the work, my wife helping and taking pictures, and myself telling them what to do since I only have the use of my right arm due to a stroke. I did the actual cooking on the pit.

I thought they did a magnificent job considering it was the first time. :)

Michael
Very nice job also smoking with family just makes it all the better.

Dan 

Very nice job also smoking with family just makes it all the better.

Dan 
You're absolutely right, Dan. We gather around the smoker and all the dramas of the day just fade away. Nothing but good times and (mostly) great food. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky