First time - Canadian Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tcounts

Fire Starter
Original poster
OK, so I've been lurking around for a lONG time on the forums. Finally I decided to try out Canadian Bacon.

I picked up a 9lb Pork Loin last week (was on SALE), and cut a 3 lb hunk off, figuring I could have up to 3 experiments as I learned what to do, without spending lots of $$.

So simple start - equal amount TQ and sugar. And stuff it in the fridge for 6 days.

Here it is after the cure.

My Little Chief smoker only gets up to about 160, so I pulled the bacon out after it hit about 135 to finish it in the oven.

Here it is after it hit 160.

I seasoned the loin with black pepper and some crab boil before smoking it with hickory and mesquite (it's what I had on hand).

It tastes awesome! Much better than I expected for my first attempt. Now I get to experiment with the other 6 lbs in the freezer!

Thanks for all the help you never even realized you gave me as I read the forums!
Nzpk0x5nA8xJp3op50Blag

Good looking CB. You'll never go back to store bought!
biggrin.gif

Congrats on the first time... Looks Great...
points.gif

Way to T's .I have got a 2.5 lb in the fridge and it will be ready to smoke on Sat. I have a top loading little chief and have done a ton of smoking in it.But it seems I always end up finishing it in something else. Now I have a UDS and have upped the menu.But there aren't many rules to something that looks as good as your CB ..nice

Wow, that is a great job whether your first or tenth.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
points.gif
You deserve some points.

Very nice bacon to you and it looks awesome.

That is some nice looking Canadian Bacon you got there. I have yet to smoke one and after looking at how well yours came out, I can see it is in my near future...
biggrin.gif

Great Job..

rhage2

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky