First Smoked Cheese with "C" View

Discussion in 'Cheese' started by reloadmike78, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Thought I would share my first attempt at smoking some cheese.  Started off with 7 different kinds just to see which one's I would like the best and then go from there.  Smoked with the AMNPS for 3 hours with Apple and Hickory pellets and I think it turned out pretty good.  The only thing I would do different is NOT put the swiss above the AMNPS again.  It got a little warm, but put them in the freezer for 45 minutes and packed them up.  I will let you know in a couple weeks how they turned out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Out of the smoker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now all labeled and sealed up!

[​IMG]

2. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]I bet you will like them all I know we do

3. looks tastey!

4. [​IMG]Now it is the watch and wait mode.....bout the hardest part to cheese.

Tom

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

They look real good! Nice color!

6. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great first run - you are going to be lovin life in about 2 weeks 

7. teeznuts

teeznuts Master of the Pit

You picked up some nice color! 2 weeks will feel like a month but it's worth it.

8. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Yes your cheeses look great and now the hard part is the waiting. I would recommend getting it out of your sight asap. After all out of site out of mind hopefully Ha.

9. Funny you mention this, I just looked at the cheese I smoked last sunday, cause I know one of the bags didn't seal right and was gonna give me trouble, and since you know I had to put it in another bag, well I just had to whack off a piece, the smoke flavor is there but it still needs to mellow a bit

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  10. big twig

big twig Smoking Fanatic

The cheese looks great! I really need to stop putting this off and do some cheese myself.

11. Thanks gang, it is going to be a long wait!  I can't believe I didn't even try the littlest morsel!

12. Oh the waiting already sucks and it's only been 24 hours!

13. scrappynadds

scrappynadds Smoking Fanatic

I've got the crackers........ see ya in couple of weeks

14. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Chees is worth the wait. Very nice Q view also.

15. Moz you can eat the next day. They look great. The disfigured swiss will be OK.

16. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Bring that and beer to the party?

I'll be there!

Good luck and good smoking.

17. Works for me! Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

18. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WOW!

Great Job!

TJ

19. Thanks Todd, with out your little device this would not have happened!