First Impressions GMG Prime Jim Bowie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Used the Grill Grates for the first time last night as we had some nice Steaks to Sear.
The Grill Grates work great. Also threw some Corn in Husks, man they came out so sweet. Set the grill to 500F for the sear. It didn't miss a beat.

Attachments

• IMG_6587.PNG
    IMG_6587.PNG
    234 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_6599.JPG
    IMG_6599.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_6607.JPG
    IMG_6607.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_6609.JPG
    IMG_6609.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 177
Another few cooks under the belt with the Jim Bowie, this thing does not miss a beat, everything comes out tasting awesome and is super easy with a constant temp. I just need to work out how to get the vegetables right now.

Cooked a Pork loin with fat cap on yesterday using the Apple Pellets, had the fat cap down and the Crackle come out amazing. Super Juicy and a very nice flavour.
Salt and Pepper on fat cap then rub the underside with a Home made rub.

A friend of my wife hardly eats meat could not get enough of it. Cooked at 350F for about 90 mins until internal of 157F, rested for 30 mins.

Pictures are a bit ordinary had a few Beers by then.

Attachments

• IMG_6631.JPG
    IMG_6631.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_6613.JPG
    IMG_6613.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_6617.JPG
    IMG_6617.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: SlowmotionQue
Awesome. Beautiful. Nicely done. Two birds with one stone. You’re getting off to one heck of a start with that Jim Bowie.

Another few cooks under the belt with the Jim Bowie, this thing does not miss a beat, everything comes out tasting awesome and is super easy with a constant temp. I just need to work out how to get the vegetables right now.

Cooked a Pork loin with fat cap on yesterday using the Apple Pellets, had the fat cap down and the Crackle come out amazing. Super Juicy and a very nice flavour.
Salt and Pepper on fat cap then rub the underside with a Home made rub.

A friend of my wife hardly eats meat could not get enough of it. Cooked at 350F for about 90 mins until internal of 157F, rested for 30 mins.

Pictures are a bit ordinary had a few Beers by then.
Suggestion. Soak your corn w/ husks in water. Peel back the husk, coat in butter and a rub. Roll husk back up.
Will steam them w/o charring as much and have great flavor.

Reactions: Rawprawn
Two birds with one stone.
Haha true :)

Always something to buy mate, reckon the grates are worth it, they are pretty darn good and add more cooking options for me, they sear well.

Thanks Doc, Ill try that, my last corns weren't so good. I am struggling with Vegetables a bit. I guess on my old smoker I just did meat and the missus would cook the Veg up.

Haha true :)

Always something to buy mate, reckon the grates are worth it, they are pretty darn good and add more cooking options for me, they sear well.

Thanks Doc, Ill try that, my last corns weren't so good. I am struggling with Vegetables a bit. I guess on my old smoker I just did meat and the missus would cook the Veg up.
Best recipient I have for corn. Husked and boiled w/ a Zatarans seafood bowl bag.
Sometimes all smoked food needs a change.
Another easy one is asparagus wrapped w/ a piece of bacon.

Might be buying one of these tomorrow. Ive talked my self into and out of buying one about 10 times now. 2 days ago I found someone local for one in stock but they wont haggle -_- I guess we shall see lol.

Nice work SmokeyHill! What a beauty.

I reckon you will be quite impressed they way it holds temp.

Whats the first cook on her?

Im doing a 6lb Pastrami tomorrow, with some corn like DocSteve suggests, my first one.

Im doing a 6lb Pastrami tomorrow, with some corn like DocSteve suggests, my first one.
Let's me know how you like the corn. I dont always use a bbq rub. I actually prefer Old Bay seafood spice mix.

Looking great,yep pull back the husk and take all the silk off ,salted butter pull husk back up an take a strand of it and tie the top closed, off to the side of the flames with some smoke roiling, takes awhile but very good

Had a great Easter Sunday cook on the GMG, popped a beef tenderloin on. Turned out very tasty and super juicy.

Getting through a few cooks, 5th bag of pellets.

Threw the rubbed Beef on @ 225f until 135f internal, rested while I popped the grill grates on, turned the grill up to 500f to then seared on the grill grates for a few minutes each side. The sear was great.

Aimed my infrared thermometer at the grill grates - 500c, hot as hell.

Pastrami tomorrow.

Attachments

• CD64B049-37F5-4BC9-AB95-F7F90136F2F1.jpeg
    CD64B049-37F5-4BC9-AB95-F7F90136F2F1.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 144
  • 31726F48-2639-4077-8DA2-7365DF6AA067.jpeg
    31726F48-2639-4077-8DA2-7365DF6AA067.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 127
Had a great Easter Sunday cook on the GMG, popped a beef tenderloin on. Turned out very tasty and super juicy.

Getting through a few cooks, 5th bag of pellets.

Threw the rubbed Beef on @ 225f until 135f internal, rested while I popped the grill grates on, turned the grill up to 500f to then seared on the grill grates for a few minutes each side. The sear was great.

Aimed my infrared thermometer at the grill grates - 500c, hot as hell.

Pastrami tomorrow.

What grill grates are you using?

Started simple with some pork tenderloin. One dry and one wet. 225 till internal temp hit 155 and pulled it. Tasted fantastic! Not the best smoke rings I’ve ever seen but the wife liked it!

Attachments

• 59A23D6D-D579-480E-A489-4B4B6C80C700.jpeg
    59A23D6D-D579-480E-A489-4B4B6C80C700.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 126
  • C9ACC03D-1445-4B79-90E6-C704DE54FD4A.jpeg
    C9ACC03D-1445-4B79-90E6-C704DE54FD4A.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: Jabiru
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky