First Abt's

Discussion in 'ABT's' started by sprky, Dec 6, 2009.

1. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

ok guys i tryed making these today with my chicken and boy are they GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!! [​IMG]They are stuffed with cream cheese, sharp chedder, green onion, garlic, backon bits, CBP, and a slice of mapel bacon on top. they were in the smoker for 3 hours, bacon on top is crispy and there is a good smoke flavor, peppers are soft. I will be doing these many more times. I allready have an order from the oldest boy for a smoker full......lol heres the Q-view

2. gnubee

gnubee Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice! Time to teach #1 son the gentle art of making his own Q. [​IMG]

They are good aren't they. I pre cook my bacon to the just starting to crisp stage then wrap them. I like them a tad crispier than the soft stage.

I love Maple bacon. It takes ABT's to a whole new level IMO.

3. scpatterson

scpatterson Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Man really sounds and looks good. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

4. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Now that is a batch of ABTs... you can never make too many...[​IMG]

5. greendrake

greendrake Smoke Blower

Interesting, may have to try these. My ABT recipe is simple too, just slice the japs lengthwise, seed them, stuff with cream cheese, add a little smokey, wrap in bacon and pack with brown sugar, smoke at 225 for three hours.

6. walle

walle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Sprky,
    They look great! Looks like you have a good rack for ATB's. Need to make myslef one...

7. got14u

got14u Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

They are awesome aren't they...yours look and sound great !