Finally, my first smoke! attempted q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great response!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I figure if i learn one thing every time i look at the post on SMF and a few things every time i smoke all will be well in smokeville.

Seems that you are thinking and learning .  That's why i asked .

good job!   Bob

All looks good to me.  I normally don't like ribs (of either kind, except from ONE restuarant), but I attempted baby backs a few weeks ago.  They are on the roll call coming up, perhaps tomorrow.  Your ribs look awesome and tasty!

Looks Great!! I am new to smoking and my first two attempts at smoking spare ribs were a big fat FAIL. However, I wasn't smoking long enough and did not trim the ribs to make a nice rectanugular shape so they would cook even. I am gonna try the 3-2-1 method, as you did, this weekend,

I have smoked 3 very successfull beer can chickens. very tasty!! but I want ribs!

Things i think to improve my next rib smoke....

I would like to try to pair the rub and sauce better. it seemed that the combination was a little off.
Jersey,

Something you may want to think about is buying Jeff's rub and sauce recipes. I use a couple different rubs, but Jeff's is one of the best I have used, I even improved it a little (in my families opinion) by changing a couple of ingredients and amounts.

It's worth the money and you get about a $5 discount if you buy it during the course of your 5 day free smoking course.

Ribs looked great, by the way.

Regards,

Bill

Bout to get off work after working 6 12hr shifts then im on vacation for two weeks. vacation plans are to have the smoke rolling and the sudds pouring, and hoping my ribs look as good as yours.

Awesome job brother

I smoked ribs for the 3rd time this past weekend and they tasted GREAT. It was my first successful Rib smoke. They were not as pretty as yours but the taste was there. I did the 3-2-1 method. I can't wait for my next rib smoke. I enrolled in the 5 day course, I have completed "day 1" and awaiting "day 2s" email.

Someone said that you get a discount on Jeff's Rub and sauce recipe during your five day course. How do you order?

Thanks to all the advice so I could have an edible smoked rack of ribs! :-) Now, I just want em to look pretty like Jersey's. Good job Man!

I smoked ribs for the 3rd time this past weekend and they tasted GREAT. It was my first successful Rib smoke. They were not as pretty as yours but the taste was there. I did the 3-2-1 method. I can't wait for my next rib smoke. I enrolled in the 5 day course, I have completed "day 1" and awaiting "day 2s" email.

Someone said that you get a discount on Jeff's Rub and sauce recipe during your five day course. How do you order?

Thanks to all the advice so I could have an edible smoked rack of ribs! :-) Now, I just want em to look pretty like Jersey's. Good job Man!
There is a link at the end of one of the e-course or all of them where Jeff talks about the recipe's and there is a click here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky