Father's Day Prime Rib

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dgsmokes

Original poster
Mar 11, 2016
Irvine, CA
So this Fathers Day I am going to be smoking the most expensive meat I have purchase to date. A 4 Bone Prime Rib. I have a Masterbuilt, and while it is fantastic for temperature control (actually cooks things a bit fast sometimes), it never seems to do well creating a crust, or bark. I have even resorted to finishing most meats on the grill for a RS. In any case, this is one I can't get wrong, so I wondered if any of you running electric smokers, especially the Masterbuilts, have overcome this, and what your solution was?

(Likely will make a separate thread of my brisket troubles)

Thanks!

So this Fathers Day I am going to be smoking the most expensive meat I have purchase to date. A 4 Bone Prime Rib. I have a Masterbuilt, and while it is fantastic for temperature control (actually cooks things a bit fast sometimes), it never seems to do well creating a crust, or bark. I have even resorted to finishing most meats on the grill for a RS. In any case, this is one I can't get wrong, so I wondered if any of you running electric smokers, especially the Masterbuilts, have overcome this, and what your solution was?

(Likely will make a separate thread of my brisket troubles)

Thanks!
MES are Great for Prime Rib, and very Easy.

Here are two of my favorites----One in a Pan, and one not in a Pan.

These are in Step by Step form:

Smoked Prime Rib (47th Anniversary Dinner)
I've been doing most of them in a pan lately, including one I did today, but that one won't be posted for a day or two.
Bear

Thanks Richie!!

Thank you guys for the speedy replies!! I check out your links Bear, and I think that is going to be my guideline for Prime Rib.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky