Famous people you have meet.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Spent a few years in USMC security.

Premier Kruschev w/ Ike at Camp David, Dec., 1960
ALL the Kennedys, Camp David,White House, Hyanasport (sp), wherever they were. Carolyn once sat on my lap (6 yrs old)
Prime Minister Nehru, Blair House, DC
LBJ, White House

A few more. Opted out after a year w/HMX1, back to college to work on a degree.

My dad met Bill Dance at a truck stop and they talked perch fishing for a few hours until my dad had to go. Bill took off his hat and autographed it for him. That was around 1988.

O.K. I am into country, and so was my Mom, When I was a little tyke, I saw Kathy Matya (sp) George Jones,Tammie Wynett, Porter Wagner who I did get to see,and met in person, HELL of a nice guy, and his partner Dolly Parton, who I did get to say a few words to her, she smiled and said Hi and Thanks, That's it for me, until later

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
 Ati, Boy to the BSA!!

In 1981 I was on the staff of the National Boy Scout Jamboree at Ft. A.P. Hill, Virginia I met the King of Sweden.

Every player for the Redskins in the 80s and 90s (my aunt was in charge of their housing/local relations for training camp).  My grandfather coached Sid Bream in Little League with Sid Bream so I've hung out with him a lot (his family still lives in the area).  Also a bunch of random soccer and hockey players.  Oh also Mario and Michael Andretti.  I dated a girl who's father was best friends with Mario so we were together a lot at races (in the pits) and at picnics.  Italian picnics are so different from where I grew-up.

oooh ooh oohh..I'll play.  I am an Arts Director for a performing facility.

I also am a licensed pyrotechnician for both outdoor fireworks and indoor proximate pyro.

I have met and/or hung out with:

Ronald Regan

Bob Dole

Korn (the band)

Weird Al Yankovic

Burl Ives

Bob Hope

Martina McBride

Faith Hill ( pre Tim McGraw)

Scotty (from original star trek..can't remember his real name)

Christina Aguilera

Black eyed peas

Melissa Joan Hart (sabrina the teenage witch)

Shania Twain

Hulk Hogan

Regis Philbin

Kristin Chenowith

I could probably name more if I thought hard.

Dan

never worked for any of the jobs you guys have to meet people, but here goes....it was 1971 or 72 when i was 10/11 years old....we were staying at the ramada inn on route 18 in east brunswick N.J. when all the "BIG" named funny car and top fuel drivers were on there way to englishtown raceway....got to sit in a lot of dragsters and funny cars, shook hands and got autographs of them all....meet and shook hands with george mcgovern when he was running for president back in the 70's....met peter tork from the monkeys at the shatterbox after he was done when his band was done with there performance and the bouncer introduced us to him, talked for bout an hour....seen steven tyler from aerosmith after a concert at a dinner up the road where they played, got his autograph and shook his hand there....more but there names slip my mind at the time....thinking back with this thread, pretty darn cool...........bob

I was deployed to iraq twice, and we worked security at the gate for a period of time, I got to meet all of the V.I.P.s that came through, Bo Jackson, Arnold Swartzengwhatever, bruce willis, the redskins cheerleaders, tom green, henry rollins, kid rock, carrie underwood, charlie daniels, chuck norris, and once when I was little I saw Charles barkley in a grocery store in phoenix and said hello to him.

Sylvester Stallone at High school I think it was '78 or '79, he was filming one of the Rocky's. I was either a freshman or sophmore.

They had a limo at one end of the school as a decoy as he was leaving the school at the other end, we got wind of it and I got to shake his hand as he was getting into the limo, he got the crowd pretty fired up.

Funny Note, The principle at the Time of his visit was either the dean of men or the principle when he went to school there, and he ate his words on stage (Addressing the seniors) retracting his comment  "of Least Likely to Succeed" all in jest of course. what a day I cut all my classes that day but was still at school the entire day, we were running around like crazy people..well that's how I remembered it anyway.

Arnold Palmer. The absolute definition of a mans man. I worked at a country club in high school. Palmer was there for a pro am. I was picking the driving range and was almost finished when I noticed someone hitting balls. I was ticked off because the range was closed and started driving the picker towards the tee to run the man off my damn range! As I got closer I realized it was Arnold Palmer and my rage faded away. I got out of the cart, introduced myself and proceeded to watch him hit balls. He asked me if it was ok for him to be out there and of course I said yes. The man was so nice, he talked to me like I was his best friend, not a bit of arrogance. It was a great experience.

1.  I received communion from Pope John Paul II in high school

2.  I was forced to meet Loretta Lyn (country singer) while I was working at a Walmart that she was doing an appearance at.  I hate Country Music

3.  I grew up in the same neighborhood as John Goodman, use to see him all the time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky