Failed to pay proper homage to BBQ gods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

petehalsted

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
Right when the Alarm went off to foil, the sky opened up, 30 mph winds, might even have been some hail.

I would have just done "naked" ribs, but I also had Pork Belly burnt ends that need to go in their pan as well.

So I rode the storm out and got everything foiled. Probably have at least 1/4 cup of extra rain water in my foil, and don't tell the family but probably a bit of sweat and snot wash off my face and into the foil as well :eek:. Who know might be best foil juice every LOL

Had to make a rain hat for my poor MES.

Results in 3 hours......

rainhat.jpg

Reactions: Rings Я Us
I actually have a giant plastic thing I put over the control unit every time it rains..which happens any time I read 'clear weather' followed with 'I'll do an overnighter' which is when the gods go 'And now the weather is wrong!' ..

Hopefully things turn out alright! I mean my OCD tells me the MES will promptly explode in the rain, even if it is designed to be all weather operative LOL

Well my chair is right next to that window, so it it does explode, at least I won't know anything about it LOL

Reactions: TomKnollRFV
My BBQ gods are going to scorch me tomorrow. I guess I should be happy that it's not going to be in the 100s but the low to mid 90s are rough enough. At least I have a lot of root beer. Oh and that homemade ice cream should cool everything off nicely.

George

My BBQ gods are going to scorch me tomorrow. I guess I should be happy that it's not going to be in the 100s but the low to mid 90s are rough enough. At least I have a lot of root beer. Oh and that homemade ice cream should cool everything off nicely.

George
Bit jealous of ya. I wanted to get some diet root beer, none at the store. I mean at all. I shall make do with ice cold pepsi max and all. Did have ice cream today from a goat cheese place..goat milk ice cream is interesting!

might be best foil juice every LOL
Awesome . It's so darn hot here I can't be outside to long . Got overheated years ago when we built the Ram's football house . Never goes away once you get it . Wish it would rain .

I usually put a plastic bag over my MES controls whenever it rains so I feel your pain!

Let us know how the food turns out! Use the rain delay for an ice cold beer or two or three!

Dilly dilly

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky