Easy pulled pork Carnita's w/qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fourthwind

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
Thornton, CO
Started off smoking a 10.5 pound pork shoulder on Sunday. Injected with Yoshida's, Apple juice, and a splash of apple vinager. Rubbed with a modified BRITU rub and smoked with Apple wood and lump coal in the MES at 250° until 195° internal. For whatever reason 195° is the right pulling temp for me at 5'600 feet.

Into the smoker at 6AM.
IMG_37871.JPG

Out of the smoker and looking good!
IMG_37881.JPG

Pulled with my bear claws after resting for 2 hours. I am becoming a fan of smoking in foil trays. Both of my last smokes came out juicier than ever. This meat was not just juicy but sopping wet! You do however lose a bit of bark, but well worth it in my opinion.
IMG_37892.JPG

This is my version of easy carnita's. Take a portion of pulled pork. Put it in a pan on medium high with a couple tablespoons of real butter. A few shakes of Chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano, and fry until you get just a bit of searing action.
IMG_37922.JPG

Fry up a few corn tortilla's.. Avacado, onion, and a few dashes of chipotle tabasco, and you have some taco's from heaven!
carnitas.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Oh man those look awesome....just one more thing to do with PP....really the ideas are endless.....some of our fav's are PP nachos...
These I will definately have to try
points.gif

Some of the best things in life are the simplist! While they are not "true" carnita's, they are much easier, and still very tasty. That pan full dissapeared faster than you could yell duck duck goose in my house.

Got to love it when that happens!

I really love some good carnitas and it is getting harder and harder to find it seems. Thanks for the idea of something else to do with pulled pork.
points.gif

I hate wordy blogs that tell you their whole life story before they actually get to the recipe -- narcissistic idiots. Just sayin'

Know what you mean. I have learned to scroll down very fast.

You can tell a lot by the fact that she lives in NEW YORK CITY. Something is a little wrong with someone who moves from Texas to NYC. IMHO

I know, right?

"Here is my carnitas recipe:

I can remember when I was 10, and we traveled hundreds of miles to my grandmother's house for Thanksgiving. We would do this every year, and we would always take the car because the truck didn't get very good gas mileage.

I was always impatient, and sometimes I was itchy.

This time, my brother and I were playing 'Go Fish', and he won. I'll never forgive him for that.

Once we got to grandmother's house, all that I could do was smell the flowers because they smelled so good. I smelled the flowers for a long time. They smelled really good.

Sometimes, she would make carnitas for us, and they were very tasty.

Later, I determined that I was gay, and I moved to NEW YORK CITY. I still use my grandmother's recipe for carnitas:

1 carnitas

This recipe has been in the family for a long time, and I hope that you'll enjoy it."

loved the pics looks delicious! ! I did a PP a couple of weeks ago and didn't use a foil pan but put it on a rack right on top of my water pan and it came out dripping with juices I won't ever go back to putting it on the top rack.

points.gif
for a job well done! !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky