Does RT Ever Put the 700 on Sale or Can I Buy Returned Items?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ostrichsak

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
I think I've narrowed my search for my GMG DB WiFi replacement to the RT-700.

$1200 is a chunk of change so I'm wondering if they do holiday sales or anything like that that anyone has seen. I'm not in a hurry as my GMG DB works fine and mostly meets my needs. I'd like to wait for a good deal to come along on what seems like a great smoker. I saw they do a 30-day money guarantee so surely someone has tried this out and just felt it didn't meet their needs. I'm fine with a gently used 30-day old unit that's been pre-seasoned if the price justified not getting brand new.

Anyone have any intel on this search?

I think I've narrowed my search for my GMG DB WiFi replacement to the RT-700.

$1200 is a chunk of change so I'm wondering if they do holiday sales or anything like that that anyone has seen. I'm not in a hurry as my GMG DB works fine and mostly meets my needs. I'd like to wait for a good deal to come along on what seems like a great smoker. I saw they do a 30-day money guarantee so surely someone has tried this out and just felt it didn't meet their needs. I'm fine with a gently used 30-day old unit that's been pre-seasoned if the price justified not getting brand new.

Anyone have any intel on this search?

If you get a used unit, make sure it is a really good deal. Their site specifically says that the warranty is Non-Transferable. I only say that since a warranty was a huge factor in my purchase decision for my RT-700.

can't help you there I'm a stick burner, (Never really browse Smokers unless they burn wood)

Gary

Follow Rectec on Fb. They ran a One Day Refurbished Sale back in 2017. Who knows, they may be due to clear the warehouse...JJ
Done. Do you happen to recall what the price was by chance? I'll see if I can find the refurb post back in 2017 if you can't but it would be quicker if you recalled.

As far as I could tell, it was just the announcement of the first ever sale. I didn't go deep in because it was 3 years ago...JJ

I would not be holding my breath for this 3 years later. When they have 2/4/6 year bumper-to-bumper warranties, not much chance. And don’t think you really want to be seeing available and discounted refurbs anyway ... doesn’t speak well of their intrinsic quality.

I would not be holding my breath for this 3 years later. When they have 2/4/6 year bumper-to-bumper warranties, not much chance. And don’t think you really want to be seeing available and discounted refurbs anyway ... doesn’t speak well of their intrinsic quality.
I'm not expecting them to be doing the same sale three years later. It's not unheard of for companies to do sales around the holidays so that's what I was asking. It doesn't sound like Rec Tec does. Secondarily I was wondering if anyone has seen them selling refurbs or used devices. It stands to reason that some will return their smoker within the 30-day window for various reasons (not even always because they dislike the smoker either) so I was curious if anyone has seen that or has purchased one. I'm still awfully surprised that they never have B stock to sell. It isn't a judgement of the devices they're making/selling if they do and it's quite common from companies that offer a money-back-guarantee.

I'm not expecting them to be doing the same sale three years later. It's not unheard of for companies to do sales around the holidays so that's what I was asking. It doesn't sound like Rec Tec does. Secondarily I was wondering if anyone has seen them selling refurbs or used devices. It stands to reason that some will return their smoker within the 30-day window for various reasons (not even always because they dislike the smoker either) so I was curious if anyone has seen that or has purchased one. I'm still awfully surprised that they never have B stock to sell. It isn't a judgement of the devices they're making/selling if they do and it's quite common from companies that offer a money-back-guarantee.

I haven't had issues so bad I had to send the entire grill back (and at 200 pounds, wouldn't want to even try); however, they have sent me replacement parts a time or two at no cost, even when I dorked it up myself, without requesting the parts back (all mechanical bits, nothing electronic). I can't envision a situation I would send the beast back with this kind of customer care. I guess anything's possible, though.

I haven't had issues so bad I had to send the entire grill back (and at 200 pounds, wouldn't want to even try); however, they have sent me replacement parts a time or two at no cost, even when I dorked it up myself, without requesting the parts back (all mechanical bits, nothing electronic). I can't envision a situation I would send the beast back with this kind of customer care. I guess anything's possible, though.
Like I said, the most likely scenario would be someone taking advantage of the 30-day free trial window and deciding they don't like the amount of smoke, the size (too big, too small) or who knows why. The bottom line is that no matter how good of a product you make, if you include a free trial period someone is bound to take advantage of that return offer eventually. I wouldn't mind picking up one of these at a discount since they can't resell them as new for full price. That's all I'm saying.

Understand. You may just want to contact them as to whether they have or anticipate any B-stock units. They seem to be very responsive.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky