Cyberq overshoots temp towards end of cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mvitoff

Original poster
Mar 14, 2020
For the third time my cyberq has overshot my temp of 235 and went to 260 after being rock steady for hours. What's odd to me is that the fan continues to run instead of being at 0% when this happens. Anybody have an answer for me?

What kind of smoker are you using it on? Could be an air leak at the fire door.
I'm using an 18 inch wsm. The fire door has gasket on it and besides its rock solid the whole way up until the last hour and temp spiked. My thought would be if the cyberq sensed a higher temp it would at least cut the fan/airflow. I had to do it manually to get it where I wanted it.

No I'm using Kingsford Professional but the same thing happens with the original as well.
How are you positioning your slide damper at the fan? I found that it still blows even at temperature to keep embers going. If the damper is open to much, that will cause exactly what you're saying. I learned this the hard way.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky