Curing and Sous Vide Turkey Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CZN

Original poster
Nov 24, 2013
Hi folks, I posted awhile ago about some cured and sous vide turkey deli meat I'd made following a ChefSteps recipe. In my post I said I sous vide'd for 3 hours at 145F, but looking at their recipe again I see they say 131F for 3 hours. When I get home I'll have a look at my book to see what temp I cooked at, but I wanted to ask you guys about that combo. Is 131F for 3 hours too low of a time and temp? Does the curing process allow it to be cooked at a lower time and temp? All the other SV turkey breast recipes I see say 145F but they don't use cure to get that hammy texture. On their website, a couple people asked if that was a safe time and temp combo and they reassured them it was, but I want to get your opinion. Cheers!

Attachments

• DIY Deli-Style Cured Turkey Sandwich Meat with Sous Vide _ Recipe _ ChefSteps.pdf
    116.6 KB · Views: 11
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky