Cured Smoked Turkey Drumstricks Like... QView!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
OOPS! Some how I missed this post
It happens.

I'm kind of torn with all the great turkey prices. I kind of want to buy a bunch at like $0.25/lb and $0.49/lb that the stores are selling them for in my area. I want to cut off the legs and smoke them separately... BUT what would I do with like 100 pounds of turkey breast that I have no freezer room for and I already have like almost 200 pounds of meat I just processed in the freezer! lol So torn. Such 1st world problems :D

Thanks for this thread, I've just found some (quite rarely seen in UK stores) 1lb turkey legs so I've got some brining now for a smoke on Sunday

Thanks for this thread, I've just found some (quite rarely seen in UK stores) 1lb turkey legs so I've got some brining now for a smoke on Sunday

Nice best of luck with it and enjoy! :)

How critical is brown sugar to thw recipe? I about sugar in my rubs rtc as mich as possible. Usually for brown sugar in something like this I sub either Splenda or Swerve with a touch of molasses

Don't see why Splenda won't work but i personally never tried it. I have started using Truvia some to replace brown sugar

How critical is brown sugar to thw recipe? I about sugar in my rubs rtc as mich as possible. Usually for brown sugar in something like this I sub either Splenda or Swerve with a touch of molasses

For this smoke I don't think it is critical at all and your substitutes would likely work.
I however would think that sugar or a real sugar derivative helps when really needing cure to penetrate all the way through for safety reasons. This smoke is hot and fast and the cure is only for taste purposes not safety purposes :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky