Covid labeling on meat?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CFLJOHN512

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 9, 2020
Just noticed the pork butts I bought last week have a (COV) listed on the meat after the description. Save-a-lot had pork butts cheap, so I bought 4. I took a pic and just noticed that it had that on the label. Is this a COVID marking? Does it mean nothing? Not sure. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Nevermind, after Googling this a few ways I found that it means Cryovac packaged. Duh. Lol

Attachments

• C0DFD5F7-C851-4616-A7D5-AD41CFAAECAB.jpeg
    C0DFD5F7-C851-4616-A7D5-AD41CFAAECAB.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Reactions: Aledavidov
Idk. I bought a 2 pk rack of spares about 3-4 weeks ago that had that same designation on it. I wondered the same thing myself. I thought, if not, what a poor coincidence and timing and choice of packaging label!

its a food service designation that means Cry-o-Vac.

Nothing to do with Covid 19

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky