Country Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tralarge

Original poster
Feb 27, 2017
Minnesota
So I picked up some Country Style Ribs for tomorrow, which aren't "true" CSR ... the local butcher just cuts shoulder into strips... I figured I would prepare them as I would my baby backs, but shred them and make pulled pork sandwiches.... less cook time, more bark... not seeing the downside to this.... are there issues with drying out? I figure if I pull them after 3. Hrs of smoke and foil with apple juice they would be fine... any suggestions or problems anyone faced when doing this?

So I picked up some Country Style Ribs for tomorrow, which aren't "true" CSR ... the local butcher just cuts shoulder into strips... I figured I would prepare them as I would my baby backs, but shred them and make pulled pork sandwiches.... less cook time, more bark... not seeing the downside to this.... are there issues with drying out? I figure if I pull them after 3. Hrs of smoke and foil with apple juice they would be fine... any suggestions or problems anyone faced when doing this?
Cook them to the same temp you do pulled pork and you're fine. They're the same cut, just cut into strips as you said. I don't know what temp you're talking about but three hours probably isn't going to be long enough.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky