Corned Beef Experiment W/Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pduke216

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Its 30 deg and sunny in Chicago its a heat wave, lets smoke. Took a 4 1/2 pound flat cut corned beef brisket and soaked it for 4 hours yesterday changing the water every half hour. Rubbed it with broun suger, black pepper, paprika, garic & onion powder, and a groung up bay leaf. Put it on at 2pm central time along with some chicken breasts marinated in italian dressing and some in teryaki. Also 2 plain ole fatties.

3 1/2 hours in and we are at 136. Hoping to foil at 160.

Kinda odd, but yesterday I was in the mood to try something new and went to g.store to get a corned beef brisket. Before going I checked other q sites and a few people where doing them also.

Mine was a flat cut about 5#'s, it was cured w/a packet of spices w/it. All I did was pull it out, add seasoning and put it on smoker. I foiled at about 160 and it seamed to take forever to get there. I pulled it off at 190 and let rest for bout 45 min then sliced as thin as I could.

Juicy and very tasty, but not as tender as a "normal" brisket. I have read that that is the nature of the beast. I can't wait for the pics Duke!

Well here is the finished Corned beef. Foiled at 150 and pulled it at 190. I wrapped it in foil and put it in the fridge overnight. Very tender and has a unique taste. I don't know if I will try this again. In my opinoin it is better out of a crock pot but you don't know until you try!

I have done several but I didn't soak it as long as you did. The first one turned out awsome...verry tender and tasty the second was about as you described yours.

Sure looks good!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

My buddy smoked a corned beef briskey a while back. I thought is was a little on the salty side for a main course but he didn't soak it out like you did. It was great sliced on french bread with swiss and cole slaw the next day however.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky