Cooking a Hibachi on a PK Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sven Svensson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 5, 2021
Sonoma County, California
I decided to not let my charcoal go up in smoke after my grilling tonight. So I oiled up my Hibachi and opened the vents

I didn’t have to trim it and I won’t have to wrap it when it hits the stall. I won’t even need to vacuum seal it when it’s done.

I’m not as think as you dumb I am.

5FE8CA6F-DCBC-41AA-8E5A-ECAB6ED19CF7.jpeg

Sven - Sometimes I think the best way to season cast iron is with a fat piece of meat in a hot grill or over and just let it rip - greasy smoke, steam and all, in the closed environment. Inside and outside get seasoned. I did that by accident 20 or so years ago with a rather fatty pork roast. Pan came out beautiful, fat very crispy and the oven a mess. Two out of three ain't bad. Outdoors on a grill much better idea.

So, what brand hibachi do you have? Mine is a Lodge

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky