confused as to what this really is?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oklatraveler

Original poster
Nov 30, 2015
Oklahoma

Not sure if you can tell or not from this picture but these are boneless beef country style ribs. Is this just basically chuck roast? I will be smoking a whole chicken with these. I understand I should put the chicken on the bottom right? Wonder how long or to what temp I should cook these? If they don't take as long as chicken, should I put them in at same time and take out sooner, or should I put in later to have them both come out at same time?

This will be my first time at smoking so I didn't want to waste a lot of money on the meat for my first time. We'll see how they come out!!

Thanks! 
yahoo.gif

it's hard to tell from picture but it looks like they came off the rib side of the chuck,the piece of short rib above the chuck delmonico,they might just call them country ribs where your at.i would put the chicken underneath and put them in at the same time at a high temp. if these are from the chuck you'll probably want to get them to a temp of around 195-205 or they could be a little chewy. maybe some of the more experienced guys will jump in.good luck

Not sure what that cut is from the picture could ask butcher what cut it is and where it came from ribs or what. Chicken on the bottom beef on the top safe way to go. Low and slow I do just about everything at 225. Like said above I'm sure there will be more help coming you way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky