Colorado Snow Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
OMG 3’ and counting. Been a day of snow blowing. Plow came by once and left a nice glacier at the top of the driveway. snowblowed my neighbors cuz they were out shoveling 3’🤦‍♂️. Sheesh! What a day. Right at the end tor a sheer bolt and the drive wouldn’t release. Sheer bolts I have dozens, the drive issue fixed with a rubber mallet.

Snow so deep the dogos cant figure out where to poop…

I-70 closed for 17 hours, other access HWY closed on and off all day. Exhausting day! Found a lonely steak for supper and a bunch of red wine.

I Ive the snow, but I also need to drive down the hill to the city tomorrow and that might be a long day. Oh well all part pf the deal.

So, don't suppose it would help if I said no pics, didn't happen? Wake up in the morning, sunny and 70, no snow! :emoji_blush:
Ya I didn't think so either... but hope the wine is good!

Ryan

Reactions: SmokinEdge
OMG 3’ and counting. Been a day of snow blowing. Plow came by once and left a nice glacier at the top of the driveway. snowblowed my neighbors cuz they were out shoveling 3’🤦‍♂️. Sheesh! What a day. Right at the end tor a sheer bolt and the drive wouldn’t release. Sheer bolts I have dozens, the drive issue fixed with a rubber mallet.

Snow so deep the dogos cant figure out where to poop…

I-70 closed for 17 hours, other access HWY closed on and off all day. Exhausting day! Found a lonely steak for supper and a bunch of red wine.

I Ive the snow, but I also need to drive down the hill to the city tomorrow and that might be a long day. Oh well all part pf the deal.
Wow you guys must have got hammered. Over on the west side of the divide it snowed all day, but not much accumulation. I saw I-70 and 285 were shut down this morning. Glad your freezer is full, hope all is well. Supposed to be nice by the weekend.

I'm guessing you're north of me and we had a foot and a half. But a lot of it just watered away. And it's some heavy wet stuff too.
20240314_170454.jpg

Woke up to another foot. It’s about 4’.

I would post more pics, but I am getting the image too large errors…

Reactions: JLeonard
Sheesh! Spring is right around the corner....right? How much will all that snow help the drought situation?

Jim

Reactions: JLinza
Sheesh! Spring is right around the corner....right? How much will all that snow help the drought situation?

Jim
I think we are doing better on water this year.

but this snow is insane. I was using my snowblower on my neighbors driveway (we are both on a steep slope). The snow on the uphill side of the drives avalanched on the driveway right when we finished clearing it. That hurts.

• Sad
Reactions: JLinza and JLeonard
My youngest is in Highlands Ranch, CO and he was shoveling the stuff yesterday and today.
That's why I moved from there.
Getting too old to do that chit.

Here's a picture of his backyard.
Snow Day 2024-03-15.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think we've had 3' of snow total cumulatively over the last 3 years in my Ohio neck of the woods.

Wow sandyut sandyut , that's a crap load of snow. If ya can get it moved before it gets sticky its tolerable. Stay safe . . .
Yup, it was a lot. 4 snowblower sessions over about 40 hours. It was slow going. On the first pass it was slightly deeper than the blower is tall, she bogged down at the slowest speed. But we got it done.
helped a guy nextdoor - he only had a shovel.
Blew out a woman’s car that was parked on the street for all this. so on top of 4’ that fell there was 2 plow piles deeps around her car. Couldn’t even see it was a car. I think she was gone, but later that day she had moved the car. So thats good.

I dont miss those huge spring storms. I should have sold my snow blower before i moved from denver. It has been almost five years away and have not used it since.

I dont miss those huge spring storms. I should have sold my snow blower before i moved from denver. It has been almost five years away and have not used it since.
I couldn’t survive without the snowblower! My back would give out long before the snow was gone.

Reactions: Winterrider
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky