Cold Smoke Questions - Pork and Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CSR

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
Chicago
I made a post in another thread where I prepped my dried beef and canadian bacon that my fridge was over a safe temp and it was garbage. Thankfully, it was just my ability to wait more than 5 minutes for the cheap thermometer to get to temp. So my next question as I hope to be ready to give this a shot this weekend.

I am continuing to massage my meat and flip in order to help with curing. I used a vacuum sealer but happened to leave a little air in one by accident. The one with air is turning a darker color (which I have seen in other photos) but the other 3 pieces of meat still have a bright pink hue. Is this any sign that the meat is not curing properly or am I just paranoid? I plan to cut into the pieces for a salt test Saturday, just wondering if it is already a lost cause...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky