Clothbound Cheddar - Three months along

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
Getting nice and moldy...

1701014555900.png

Looking forward to the reveal!

Me too. I’m terrified something will be horribly wrong when I unwrap it. Nine months to go.

Me too. I’m terrified something will be horribly wrong when I unwrap it. Nine months to go.
My wife would have tossed at the first sign of mold...lol you do some unbelievable work with cheese. Not sure what you do with it all or what your cholesterol numbers are? but I like it!

Reactions: okiwen
My wife would have tossed at the first sign of mold...lol you do some unbelievable work with cheese. Not sure what you do with it all or what your cholesterol numbers are? but I like it!

The mold is not actually on the cheese (if everything worked right at least). It’s on the cheesecloth & lard bandage (two layers of cheesecloth and leaf lard rendered from the last pig). This is the old school way cheddars were done before industrialization.

A lot of the cheese gets gifted to friends and family, and I always offer to bring a cheese and charcuterie plate to dinner parties.

But yeah, we eat a lot of cheese. 😀

Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky