Closed-cell foam tape with adhesive backing ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think it has to be used with their submersible needle probes. IDK if anyone makes those probes.

Ultimately the IT temp of the meat will be the water bath temp so following the heating chart from frozen or heating chart from fridge based on shape and thickness in mm gives the duration to one degree below water bath temp. The pasteurization charts for fish, poultry and beef, lamb and pork from fridge shows thickness in mm, temp of water bath for a duration to pasteurize food and is longer than the heating but has met FDA and FSIS bacteria reduction standards. I figure if I sous vide I'm going to pasteurize it and the duration isn't much longer for the safety results.

Tried out the Thermoworks tape yesterday. Very happy with the results. Worked like a charm. I probably paid a little more buying Thermoworks, but I'm sure they won't leak water and destroy my meats.

I reheated some baby back ribs and wings ........... the meats reached same temp as the sous vide a lot faster than I thought.

20231221_160908.jpg
20231221_161152.jpg

Reactions: BigW. and cashnow
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky