Cleaning MES 30?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stevedolce

Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Hi--aside from the drip tray and ash tray, do you all clean up your MES 30? Side walls and front door? What about the rubber gasket around the door?
Thanks

I clean the removable parts (grates, drip pan) of my MES40, but no on the walls, door, gasket. 

Exception:  mine has the window in the door, and I do clean the glass about every 3rd smoke with hot soapy water, although I doubt it would be necessary if I didn't want to look through it.

I clean everything I can remove. I don't have the glass door smoker so this isn't an issue for me. I typically will put an aluminum foil pan on the bottom rack to catch all the drippings so I don't have to fool with cleaning the drip pan.

Never aside form the racks and the wood tray. I have the glass door model, but I don't clean it because it wouldn't tell me anything anyway.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky