Chipotles!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nitrouso2

Original poster
Apr 11, 2016
Hi All! I am transitioning my hot sauce from a home kitchen operation to a small commercial kitchen. I have been smoking my own chipotles in a virgin (bought new, never used for meat) canister smoker, but at best I can smoke about 11 pounds of chiles per batch. It takes the better part of a day, requires pretty frequent tending and rotation of racks from top to bottom, so the net-net is that I smell like smoke for most of the day and don't have a ton of chipotles to show for it at the end. One solution is to simply buy more canister smokers and have 5 or 6 of them going at a time. But this doesn't really seem like a working strategy.

Does anyone know of any companies in the Southern California area that smoke chiles/veggies commercially? Or any dedicated chipotle manufacturers? I need to find a company that does not smoke meats in its smoker, because the 'vegan' element is a selling point for lots of people (even though lots of people will also be putting my sauce on meats).

Much thanks for all thoughts and wisdom shared!

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky