Chicken ABT's Using Al's Method

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
First I would like to says Thank's to SmokinAl SmokinAl for all his and Judy's help over the years. You have helped me and taught me so much. I put some Sam's rotisserie chicken in the mixer and shredded. Added cream cheese and Mexican blend. Seasoned with rattlesnake seasoning. Cut tops off peppers, stuffed and put top back on. Wrapped in bacon. 180 in RecTek for 2.5 hours than 250 for 30. Was planning on taking to the river but man are these peppers spicy! Don't think they can handle them. I am some what of a chile head and good with them.

Al's post:

IMG_20230612_155920271_HDR.jpg IMG_20230612_155924202_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230612_160018498_HDR.jpg IMG_20230612_161606965_HDR.jpg

Nice job Brian, those ABTs look real good from where I'm sitting

Point for sure
Chris

BGSDT, Nice job on your ABT'S, I agree that Al has given us plenty of great tips/ideas over the years .

The heat level seemed to go down the next day, maybe because I was eating cold from fridge. I really love Al's method and will be doing it from now on. You can really stretch the bacon without mushing the filling. Using the low smoke really gave a great smoke flavor.

I guess not as spicy when cold as I heated some up and took to river. Just ate one. Holy cow was it spicy! I told him not to but the 79 yo man ate one. Not sure he gonna make it.

Those look perfect 👍
Thanks
They look amazing
Thanks Adam
Looks delicious! Pass a few this way please!
Thanks
Nice job Brian, those ABTs look real good from where I'm sitting

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris
Killer looking ABT’S Brian!!
Al
Thanks Al. The smoke profile was great!
BGSDT, Nice job on your ABT'S, I agree that Al has given us plenty of great tips/ideas over the years .
Thanks Dave
And another idea to try out!!! Man those look great!

Jim
Thanks Jim
Yep, those look pretty darn good to me, Brian and I can tolerate some heat. My wife? Not so much...:emoji_grinning:
Thanks Charles

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky