Chermoula Bacon Wrapped Filet and Seared Scallops…..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
the boys big day was upon us and after celebrating his 18th at Hells Kitchen in Vegas we had to step up the home game a bit……

We started off by some prime filets I cut from the whole loin…..then wrapped them in bacon, then salt and pepper….
176E6E54-5901-45F7-A90E-4D502F171562.jpeg

The grilling mate are some nice scallops from Costco…..just a little salt and pepper on these as well….
F38BC5EF-8CCE-40C3-8EFF-2D1F61BEE651.jpeg

The veg was roasted cauliflower dressed with chermoula compound butter…..
C8E5E89D-7C9C-436E-92A6-BCFBE4B8BA0B.jpeg

While the veg was roasting the filets went on the Weber sear zone….
296BD62A-7ADF-44A8-8197-55FF3AE948C5.jpeg

I put a nice sear on both sides and then moved them up to the upper rack to roast….the INT was 90 ish….. 4 mins a side……
A027E59D-5E10-4E50-AA12-FEAF3BB6CC49.jpeg

Roasted them on the upper rack rotating them every 2 mins for another 8 mins till the INT was 130…… and the bacon was rendered but tender…
E347C1F8-A94F-4F85-8075-356E681D7F0E.jpeg

Once perfect they were transferred to the house oven @ 140 to rest…..
11B829AB-D9F7-4BEC-9532-597511EF64DD.jpeg

So the boy wanted to do the scallops……bam bam he had it down!!!
8017278F-3F36-455C-97BE-181FAA589795.jpeg

The moment the scallops were just right, the platting began……… so here it is all together……
EB26D8C0-F554-4CD1-9B2E-30A79E37CF97.jpeg

The veg was dressed with some chermoula, the scallops were also rested in the chermoula and then the fillet was finished with some chermoula compound butter and then torched to drizzle it…..

Holy chermoula MONEY this was divine!
8AA71A03-B642-4E26-8CC0-9BF6A65A70A1.jpeg

Oh can’t forget desert……classic crème brûlée….
8CA01EE6-0284-4AEF-8AD9-3EF72DCD88AE.jpeg

That right there is a 5-star plate!! What a fantastic looking meal. Cook was perfect and plating is exquisite. I'd happily pay a small fortune for a dinner like that. Excellent work by you and your son.

Robert

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Where do we sign up for reservations? Looks like im gonna be in line for that plate! Mighty nice!

Jim

Grand Slam Civil. What a beautiful plate. I know I didn't spend my 18th at home with my parents, but they did change the drinking age since then. Tell your son Happy birthday.

Point for sure
Chris

Bucking for promotion on this one buddy. Hellof a nice job. Nice team work. Looks delicious. I’d pay for a plate.
Many thanks SE, promotion, I like the sound of that!
That right there is a 5-star plate!! What a fantastic looking meal. Cook was perfect and plating is exquisite. I'd happily pay a small fortune for a dinner like that. Excellent work by you and your son.

Robert
Thanks Robert, it was a fun cook for sure but rewarding. It was my sons idea to use the chermoula for the scallops and holy smokes that is a perfect match!
Wow!!! Now that is an awesome dinner. Well done.
Much appreciated Brian!
Looks fantastic
Thanks jim!

WOW !!! That plate is amazing ! Great job by both of you.
Many thanks jaxg!
Where do we sign up for reservations? Looks like im gonna be in line for that plate! Mighty nice!

Jim
Thanks Jim! I should write a reservation app right! I was a little rushed on the plating but hey it was good enough to settle down the growling stomachs!
I can't stop looking at that plate.
Thanks Colin, I can say it didn't last long...... it was like a blink of an eye and it was an empty plate!
Grand Slam Civil. What a beautiful plate. I know I didn't spend my 18th at home with my parents, but they did change the drinking age since then. Tell your son Happy birthday.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, ah the boy isn't a crazy partying type at all so having a filet and scallops with the fam is much more his style. He is planning on working in a medical lab so it kinda fits his personality... I will pass along the wishes to him as well!

Reactions: JLeonard
A befitting meal for sure and what a fantastic idea using chermoula. I'd definitely stand in line for that plate!
Well done sir!

A befitting meal for sure and what a fantastic idea using chermoula. I'd definitely stand in line for that plate!
Well done sir!
Thanks schlotz! Oh the chermoula, especially the torched chermoula butter of the filet will be a thing in our house! It mixed with the bacon was an amazing flavor combination! The scallops as well! Just a notch above a pea puree you normally see with scallops!

We’ll round two…… the wife was looking in GR’s Hells Kitchen cook book and saw a scallops and creamed corn recipe, so since cilantro (chermoula) goes good with corn…….

Introducing bacon wrapped filet, scallops & creamed corn bowl finished with torched chermoula butter and drizzle….
6B48D424-2774-4DE9-ACB8-B2F6D82B2D85.jpeg

Bam bam……
Not your average creamed corn from yester year…..
51351EC6-0B34-49AB-9BAA-55B2914B4626.jpeg

That plate would be very clean when I got done with it... Outstanding !!
Thanks Jax, the GR creamed corn was magic with the scallops, and real surprise was that the chermoula was a complement.....

I know bacon wrapped filets with chermoula compound butter will happen many times at our house in the future!!!

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Man that is awesome! I especially love the sear on the scallops and plating. One of these days I need to get back to some plates like that.

Man that is awesome! I especially love the sear on the scallops and plating. One of these days I need to get back to some plates like that.
Thanks jcam! It was a fun cook and fun to do a nice plate, I was a little bit rushed so not as clean as I hoped but it was good enough!!!

Oh the searing ability of the Hexclad pans are absolutely second to none!!!! I can't believe I'm saying this but they have replaced the CI in our kitchen for searing all around.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky