Charcoal Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

antelope1027

Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
So I already own a santa maria grill in storage and cant use at my current home, but I am looking for a charcoal grill to do mostly steakes, chicken breasts, and hamburgers. I am experiencing a shortage of cash and want to get a best budget grill. So I am shooting for around the $100 mark. I have reasearched the following grills the members mark 22.5 (https://www.samsclub.com/sams/22-5in-kettle-grill/prod21452474.ip) the weber kettle grill (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Weber-Original-Kettle-Charcoal-22in/876289) anf the charbroil 22.5 ( https://www.walmart.com/ip/Charbroil-22-5-Charcoal-Kettle-Grill/43751736) I could use some real word usage stories or advice. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Nathan
2cfd34p.jpg
[/IMG]

For me when it comes to charcoal grills it’s weber and that’s it. They still make the kettle grills in America last I heard so I’m sticking with them for now.

I’ve bought a few of weber kettles over the years on Craigslist for under $50. You can save yourself a lot of money getting one this way and you’ll have a great grill.

Good luck
Scott

I agree the Weber kettle is the way to go and if you can get one used its all the better because they last forever! as you have some cash you can accessorize the grill with different things too.

Happy Grilling,
phatbac (Aaron)

Go with the Weber, there is a reason the others are knock offs. It is simply the best.
I always thought they were over priced crap for folks who are Brand Snobs. Then a neighbor had a moving sale and my wife bought me a used 22.5 kettle from him. With hat in hand, I admit I was wrong, boy was I wrong ! Never thought I would say it, but I soon found it to be worth every penny they ask for it ! (and that is at regular price, these prices are about 30% off) Beleive me, I'm about as tight as they come and I'd buy it.
And to boot, you can still get just about every part for it from Weber at decent prices. Other manufacturers tend not to support products after so many years, but Weber does.

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
We're all Weber lovers. I have to stay off Craigslist or I'd have a backyard full of them. If I EVER see a 26" on CL in my area, which is all I really look for, I'll snatch it up. I've seen practically unused 22"s on CL for as little as $30, usually due to a moving sale. They are usually in the $75-$100 range though, but that's before the negotiations start.

Heck, twice I've seen free 22"s with the notation something like, "Come haul it away. Movers arriving and I can't take it with me."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky