CAST IRON SKILLET PEACH COBBLER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef willie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 31, 2010
Willamette Valley, Oregon
I've been working on my list of things to do...so many recipes, so little time. Decided yesterday a skillet peach cobbler was in order. Pretty straight forward recipe but I used a bit to much of the topping. Not wanting to waste it I almost ruined the cobbler. A pitfall I'll avoid in the future. To cut down on calories I passed on putting the warm cobbler next to a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream in the bowl but feel free to indulge yourself

4 cups sliced peaches

1-2 tsp of cinnamon

1 Tbl corn starch

1 tsp lemon juice

½ cup of sugar

Topping:

1 cup flour

1 Tbl sugar

1 ½ tsp baking powder

Dash salt

3 Tbl shortening (I used softened butter)

Mix topping ingredients well and then add ½ cup of milk to make a batter.

Put 10 inch skillet on medium heat to warm up. Combine peaches and other ingredients in bowl stirring well. Add enough juice from fruit to create a slurry. Not to much juice….but enough to make it look right. Add to skillet and bring to a bubbling simmer. Place topping around peach mixture and put in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes and check it, rotating skillet if needed. Bake another 10-15 minutes until browned on top.

THAT LOOKS FOR SO GOOD, MAYBE THIS WEEKEND I CAN MAKE IT, THANKS FOR SHARING
biggrin.gif

Wow! Now that would be a great ending to a wonderful meal! Thank you for posting and sharing the recipe, I will definitely be trying this one out, but I got to tell you I will be placing some iscream next to it...lol

Chef....this cobbler works in a cast iron too.  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/137058/fruit-cobbler-cake-style-peach-on-this-one

2 years ago when the April tornados swept thru are area....we didn't have power for 5 days.  I was going to loose my frozen peaches...so I pulled out the trusty cast iron...and made cobbler on the gas grill.  Took a while...but it was awesome!

Thanks looks very tasty!

Kat
Thx Kat...I've seen u post a lot of baked goodies. It ran through my mind to do this over coals in my dome covered que but it was running late...maybe next time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky