Can I get the butt done in 5 hours ????? we will see

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sounds good and that meat looked so juicy! Great job! I'd love to do a faster smoke time on PP and brisket. I can't get that high in the MES40...even at 275*, cabinet temp is only 250*.
Thanks, don't know if i'm brave enough to try Brisket at that high of a temp.
If i mess up a butt only out $11, mess up a brisket be out $40 + .

[QUOTE name="jrod62"]
Originally Posted by jrod62 

Just a caution:

my pellets caught on fire inside the mailbox at 246°.  However, the AMNPS was positioned all the way inside the mailbox right next to the smokehouse.  I just pulled it out and blew out the flame and put it right back all the way in as I opened the door a little to cool it down a bit and didn't have any problems.  At that higher temp you may want to try pulling the unit further out from the UDS and it should not catch the pellets on fire.

Oh.  And, steal away, that's why I posted it!  lol!

Thanks, I was thinking about hooking the mailbox to the intake pipe see how that work out

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky