*** CABELAS DEAL ALERT ***

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
How do these stack up to a cookshack unit? I have an older smokette, works well, but temp only to 250 and kind of small in side, but have gotten 35# of butts in it with great results.. I have never had any issues with mine, Just curious if I need one of those MES units?

thanks
They'll do alright, but they don't hold a candle compared to a Cookshack unit. But then a Cookshack cost a good deal more. Not apples to apples

Does Masterbuilt even have an all stainless model anymore?  If so, I would be interested in adding to my "stable".

Their website doesn't show one, and I'll be damned if I can find one on the internets...

My old one (sans window) is all stainless, trust me, after having to drill out the rivets (element repair) and replace with stainless screws, I know.

Does Masterbuilt even have an all stainless model anymore?  If so, I would be interested in adding to my "stable".

Their website doesn't show one, and I'll be damned if I can find one on the internets...

My old one (sans window) is all stainless, trust me, after having to drill out the rivets (element repair) and replace with stainless screws, I know.
Yes, but they seem to all use the same old stock picture that shows the top is black, etc.

Nothing like confusing people with the easy "same old picture" trick.

Bear

Yes, but they seem to all use the same old stock picture that shows the top is black, etc.

Bear

The last time I knew I was going to be passing thru Columbus Ga.. (Masterbuilts home) I called and asked about buying a new one at their place.

I was told that they do not stock new units. All they had there was returns for warranty, etc.

New units were shipped to whatever vendor with the appropriate emblems or marking right from China.

So what ever any vendor has for sale or in their warehouses is not known to Masterbuilt.

Have a great day!!

Craig

Bear

The last time I knew I was going to be passing thru Columbus Ga.. (Masterbuilts home) I called and asked about buying a new one at their place.

I was told that they do not stock new units. All they had there was returns for warranty, etc.

New units were shipped to whatever vendor with the appropriate emblems or marking right from China.

So what ever any vendor has for sale or in their warehouses is not known to Masterbuilt.

Have a great day!!

Craig

Interesting stuff.  I'd stop by a retail Cabela's, but the closest one to me seems to be 700+ miles away, lol.  'Course, another 400 miles to the one it PA, and I could visit both you guys on the way up!

Have a great day!!

Craig
Thanks Craig, I figured that, but also every internet site that sells them, including Cabela's always uses the picture of the black one with the Stainless door, no matter which one they have. That's why I tell people you gotta go there & actually see what they have.

Bear

Interesting stuff.  I'd stop by a retail Cabela's, but the closest one to me seems to be 700+ miles away, lol.  'Course, another 400 miles to the one it PA, and I could visit both you guys on the way up!

That sucks---I can be at ours in about a half hour.

The next best thing for you might be to find out the exact Model number that they have, and then do a search of your own to see what it really is.

There was a good guy on this forum who had a list of all the MES & their serial numbers & what they each had, but I haven't seen him for awhile.

I'll see if I can find it-----"Texacajun" I believe it was. He made his own list by asking guys what they had.

Be Back shortly,

Bear

On Edit:   Here's the list:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/masterbuilt-electric-smokehouse-models

Last edited:
I had just ordered one from Cabela's Weds on sale for $389, saw this thread and live chatted them and they credited me the 50 bucks! (awesome customer service)  I owe somebody a beer!
beercheer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky