Butts away!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh dear! Garlic Butter injecting!
We love Garlic and Pork flavors together.
Now tell me about the Creole part... is that hot or spicy?

I found this recipe right off.
Do you have one you like for injecting?
I used some of my left over Boil seasoning. But I'm always up for mixing up my own.

I'm apt to do another Butt next week when I'm batching it.
And Sonny has an almost new injector to play with... :rolleyes:
I honestly just buy mine for injecting. 4 dollars for a 16 ounce bottle. I use ~8 ounces a pork butt. I plan to make my own, but it's just so easy to buy it..

Cajun though does tend to have some kick to it. The only time I bothered was injecting pork loin with melted butter, then I basically pureed some basil and garlic and thyme and rosemary to inject. Sorry to disappoint ya Sonny! Alot of guys swear by this brand-

https://www.tonychachere.com/Default?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1JuTxcPX3QIVBJBpCh2eVA0jEAAYASAAEgKA_vD_BwE

Good looking pork Sonny! I have been using the Soflaquer's Finishing Sauce the last few times that i have done butts (I learned after the first time to cut back on the pepper as the wife thought it was to hot, ) It is really excellent the next day after all of the flavors. Like!

Thanks Denny!
Yep, mine got a "tender mouth" too.
I don't add salt usually, unless something needs woke up.
But I am a heavy hand pepper shaker. LOL!

Mine thought it was a bit "spicy" and a little hot. :confused:

Thanks Denny!
Yep, mine got a "tender mouth" too.
I don't add salt usually, unless something needs woke up.
But I am a heavy hand pepper shaker. LOL!

Mine thought it was a bit "spicy" and a little hot. :confused:
Swap ya Pulled Pork then Sonny. I can't taste rub in mine unless I sprinkle in rub after pulling. No idea if I'm not using enough or what yet. Some here think it might be I go way to light on the rub, but I never know!

I honestly just buy mine for injecting. 4 dollars for a 16 ounce bottle. I use ~8 ounces a pork butt. I plan to make my own, but it's just so easy to buy it..

Cajun though does tend to have some kick to it. The only time I bothered was injecting pork loin with melted butter, then I basically pureed some basil and garlic and thyme and rosemary to inject. Sorry to disappoint ya Sonny! Alot of guys swear by this brand-

https://www.tonychachere.com/Default?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1JuTxcPX3QIVBJBpCh2eVA0jEAAYASAAEgKA_vD_BwE

No, that helps a lot, Tom.
I see where our Super Wallyworld has Tony's on the shelf. Just add buttah....
Man, 8 ounces, 2 sticks and flavor to taste.
I think I'll make sure I'm near the sink, in case I set my tongue on fire.... LOL!
Thanks Tom!

No, that helps a lot, Tom.
I see where our Super Wallyworld has Tony's on the shelf. Just add buttah....
Man, 8 ounces, 2 sticks and flavor to taste.
I think I'll make sure I'm near the sink, in case I set my tongue on fire.... LOL!
Thanks Tom!
I use Cajun Injector <Because it's all over the stores here as well> and the creole garlic butter they sell is super mild. I think the creole part is simply the flavour of onions and bell pepper added. Heck, try both over time :)

Swap ya Pulled Pork then Sonny. I can't taste rub in mine unless I sprinkle in rub after pulling. No idea if I'm not using enough or what yet. Some here think it might be I go way to light on the rub, but I never know!

IMHO, I think she is just hyper sensitive.
Look, if it tastes good to you, then it is just right.
Nobody on the Internet is bellyin up to your table.

I actually went a bit light on my homemade rub. But I have added some Cyan and Smoked Paprika to it a while back. Just to get that little Afterburn in the back of the throat.
Maybe if she drank beer she would appreciate it more? But she's a water and milk girl. :D Can't even call her a teetotaler because she doesn't drink tea or coffee either.
Her only vice is Pepsi.

IMHO, I think she is just hyper sensitive.
Look, if it tastes good to you, then it is just right.
Nobody on the Internet is bellyin up to your table.

I actually went a bit light on my homemade rub. But I have added some Cyan and Smoked Paprika to it a while back. Just to get that little Afterburn in the back of the throat.
Maybe if she drank beer she would appreciate it more? But she's a water and milk girl. :D Can't even call her a teetotaler because she doesn't drink tea or coffee either.
Her only vice is Pepsi.
I gotta say it's impressive if that is her only vice..!

I just feel I waste money on fancy schmancy rubs then can't use them properly lol.

I gotta say it's impressive if that is her only vice..!

I just feel I waste money on fancy schmancy rubs then can't use them properly lol.

In 23 years, she has had 2 Margaritas. She didn't finish either one...
Sometimes I lovingly refer to her as my designated driver.

I like to look at the ingredients in rubs, or recipes. But I usually don't have every one, so I curve here, or swerve there.
But I always hide the evidence by eating it. ;)
I found something in one of the spice drawers in the kitchen I made up. Don't know what it is, But I know I made it up from SMF.com. I think my pen was being used elsewhere and mia from the drawer.
But I'm not big on buying ready made rubs either. Except Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, then I doctor it away from what it was.
You know it's all about the taste, 'bout the taste, 'bout the taste,
No treble....:eek:

Now that I've polluted your mind.... :rolleyes::D

In 23 years, she has had 2 Margaritas. She didn't finish either one...
Sometimes I lovingly refer to her as my designated driver.

I like to look at the ingredients in rubs, or recipes. But I usually don't have every one, so I curve here, or swerve there.
But I always hide the evidence by eating it. ;)
I found something in one of the spice drawers in the kitchen I made up. Don't know what it is, But I know I made it up from SMF.com. I think my pen was being used elsewhere and mia from the drawer.
But I'm not big on buying ready made rubs either. Except Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, then I doctor it away from what it was.
You know it's all about the taste, 'bout the taste, 'bout the taste,
No treble....:eek:

Now that I've polluted your mind.... :rolleyes::D
No worries. I use commercial stuff as a base alot too. Honestly when I look up homemade versions I'd be spending 10 dollars a bottle because some spices are so darn expensive on a non commercial level!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky