Butt ugly? - Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

guvna

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Fairfax, VA
Hey all,
As some of you know, I smoked a 7 lb. Boston Butt yesterday. It was awesome!!! Here's some pics for your veiwing pleasure.

I cut this myself; I work at Whole Foods Market.

It turned out Great! Here it is after 2.5 hours...

After 6 hours...

After 9 hours of smoke and 4 more in the oven... (162 degrees, then to 200 double-foiled in a 250 degree oven) The sausages (3 hours) had an incredible snap to them!

I used the Minion Method. By the way, don't light your chimney starter on an asphault driveway unless you wan't a hole there.
confused.gif

I finally started getting the hang of it after 5 hours. Total time 13 hours.

Butt looks great, must have been talkin bout the hole in the driveway!
biggrin.gif
I bet there wasn't much TBS comming off that!

thanks for the kind words. the butt was a hit and tasted even better when i chopped it. but i was thinking, if i cut it in half before cooking and rubbing, wouldn't i have gotten alot more surface area and shorter cook time? what's the smallest butt you've ever roasted?
thanks,
guv

Looks great congrats low and low is where its at I think you need the big bulk to get the best flavor.

"I used the Minion Method. By the way, don't light your chimney starter on an asphault driveway unless you wan't a hole there."

Blaaahaaahaaha! dang I bet there is plenty other places you should not lite it either.. thats funny..

looks like you worked hard to get a great feast to the table..

Nice, sorry about the hole. The price we pay for good food.
icon_surprised.gif

Welcome! From a fellow newbee!!

The butt looks quite tasty!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Is that a "new" ECB? I ask because I recently got a "Gourmet" charcoal fired ECB and the coal pan and leg designs on mine are quite different than yours.

I light my chimney starter on two bricks side by side, keeps the concrete clean... until i spill paint/Q sauce/grease/ on it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky