Burgers & .........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
I didn't want to forget how to post............

So today it rained yet again but that means its a bit cooler. Only got up to the upper 80's. So with limited thawing time, I decided on burgers and the trimmings. There are hundreds of ways to make a burger and I have yet to find a bad one. But most figure that you have to use slaw or fries or chips for the trinnings, lazy!   An old man now passed, in W.Texas showed me the ease of making burgers and folks remembering 'em. I am not talking about the washtub fulla long necks either.

Ol'Blue-eyes Clark, always had fried veggies with his. Everyone likes fried okra, squash, green beans, etc..... It don't take but cleaning up one more pot.

I cooked this evening some fresh ground seared burgers, I fully dressed it like a W.Texas Dairy Queen would.  You know, lettuce tomatoes, onions, pickles, mayo AND mustard!

I cut up and fried taters, okra and white squash (the white squash never made it into the house). 

I must confess I opted for Shiner bocks instead of homemade buns. I'll blame the neighbor, he rented a small dozer and had no clue how to operate one. It has been 40 years since I played with one so I wish I had taken more pictures of that, Football 5, monkeys 0. LOL

I know we all have lots of ways to make our burgers, but next time take a minute and make some different sides.

Laters all. 

Yes ,very nice foam,we are doing burgers, abts and stuffed Poblano peppers for lunch tomorrow , same recipe,but wife doesn't like jalapenos 

very nice burgers, the way we all like em ,,,, 
points.gif
 points to you for how you like em ... we just don't like conventional hamburger buns,,, 

we like Cuban bread, or potato bread toasted, or wife's homemade potato bread buns .. sometimes she stuffs them with pepperoni ,,,,

Last edited:
Looks great and the W Texas Dairy Queen comment cracked me up. Grew up in NJ where burgers get L-T-O and Mayo. 30 years ago l had to do a job near Abilene TX. Driving west from the DFW airport l got hungry an stopped at Dairy Queen. l  ordered some cheese burgers and fries and was surprised by the unexpected taste of the mustard but found they were some of the best burgers l ever ate...JJ

Last edited:

Yes ,very nice foam,we are doing burgers, abts and stuffed Poblano peppers for lunch tomorrow , same recipe,but wife doesn't like jalapenos 

very nice burgers, the wy we all like em ,,,, 
points.gif
 points to you for how you like em ... we just don't like conventional hamburger buns,,, 

we like Cuban bread, or potato bread toasted, or wife's homemade potato bread buns .. sometimes she stuffs them with pepperoni ,,,,
I do regularlly make my own, digging through my pulled pork threads I found a picture.

You just can't beat homemade. I remember as a kid when I hated homemade and got excited to get a drive inn basket....LOL  Thank goodness we live through out "informative" years.....LOL

Thanks.

Looks great and the W Texas Dairy Queen comment cracked me up. Grew up in NJ where burgers get L-T-O and Mayo. 30 years ago l had to do a job near Abilene TX. Driving west from the DFW airport l got hungry an stopped at Dairy Queen. l  ordered some cheese burgers and fries and was surprised by the unexpected taste of the mustard but found they were some of the best burgers l ever ate...JJ
They are big burgers with thin meat.....LOL and the catsup goes on fries....ROFLMAO.

KDI (Kermit Drive Inn) used to be famous for their large burger. If it wasn't 12+ inches when delivered to you, it was free. LOL

You know it never took too much to amuse me....LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky