Burger time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Last nights dinner was simple. It even had premade burger. I do like the BallPark brand flame grilled patties. They cook quick and taste pretty good for being mass produced.
And with a "little" doctoring. Can produce a good meal.

Ball-park-flame-grilled-beef-patty.jpg

Given time I would have liked some home made smash burgers. But these'll do.

IMG_0462.jpg

The build begins. Even the bacon is premade/cooked! Darn, I was lazy last night!!

IMG_0463.jpg

Topped off with some onion rings with a sprinkle of course sea salt. That hit the spot, rinsed it down with a bottle of stella.

I'm not a fan of the premade patties, onion rings I do have a weakness for them.
Yours looks good
Richie

Looks good Steve. I love waking up starving and seeing some of your middle of the night cooks. I make a burger spread that tastes like the in and out sauce they use on the smash burgers. you should give it a try it’s
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 TBS ketchup
1 tsp yellow mustard
2 TBS pepperoncini relish or chopped up pepperoncini peppers
3 TBS Chopped up Claussen pickles (or pickle relish)
1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp agave

it’s really good. You can make it without the agave if you don’t have it. I sometimes don’t use it if I don’t have it

Looks good Steve. I love waking up starving and seeing some of your middle of the night cooks. I make a burger spread that tastes like the in and out sauce they use on the smash burgers. you should give it a try it’s
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 TBS ketchup
1 tsp yellow mustard
2 TBS pepperoncini relish or chopped up pepperoncini peppers
3 TBS Chopped up Claussen pickles (or pickle relish)
1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp agave

it’s really good. You can make it without the agave if you don’t have it. I sometimes don’t use it if I don’t have it
I’ll have to give this sauce a try. You should add it to the sauce and rub forum

Nothing wrong with a easy cook sometimes. Good looking burgers. Those premade burgers can be pretty good when you season and dress 'em up right. i wouldnt turn one...or two down.
Jim

Reactions: 912smoker
It sure would fill the hunger bill. Love onion rings but have never mastered them.
We found Nathans (like the hotdogs) onion rings in the frozen section at Kroger. Run 'em through the air fryer and they arent half bad. But of course nothing beats a good homemade onion ring. If you have time to mess with making them.
Jim

Looks tasty Steve ! I did the same thing last Sunday for the sons' family visit. Added some rub and they great .First time seeing them post Covid. And onion rings.......Vidalia is having their Sweet Onion Festival today. Thousands of onion rings consumed today

Looks Great Steve!!
I often had Pre-made Patties at Picnics, and didn't care for them at all.
However we bought a Box of them, and if you make them right, they aren't so bad.
They aren't as good as my Deerburger Mix, or My new 75% Beef--25% Pork Mix, but I'll make them again, and enjoy them.
Frozen Onion Rings are Fine with Me Too!!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky