brine recipes??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clyhub

Original poster
Mar 19, 2014
Hello everyone. I'm gonna smoke some chickens tomorrow. Any suggestions for an easy brine would be appreciated. Thank you.

Also any injectable marinades would be appreciated!!!!

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, I grill chicken all the time I mix salt, sugar, and a little Lowery's in some water, get my chicken cleaned and ready to go and let it soak for about 5 to 6 hours, sometimes longer. (I usually get it ready around noon so it will be ready to go on for supper. When I am ready to start grilling I rinse the chicken, pat it dry, rub with olive oil (or whatever you like) sprinkle it with seasoning and put it on the grill. I usually grill my chicken at about 300º . Hope this helps   Sorry again for being so late.

Gary S

I watch Americas Test Kitchen all the time and follow many of their tips and recipes. I love the science behind cooking..

Anyway they have a chicken brine that I have been using without fail for all my chicken before cooking....

This is their formula for chicken or turkey..

If you have coarse kosher salt you have to double it because table salt is denser then kosher salt...

This will not make your chicken salty, note the recipe for boneless skinless is different...This will produce a very moist chicken. Especially when grilling which has a tendency to dry chicken out..You will not be disappointed..

Get a vessel large enough to hold the water. Refrigerate during the brining process, do not leave out, bacteria is active over 40 deg..

<table class="" bodytableborder""="" summary="" this"="" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 19px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 19px; margin-left: 0px; border-collapse: collapse; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; position: static; z-index: auto; ">
[tr][th=""]CHICKEN[/th][th=""]Cold Water[/th][th=""]Table Salt[/th][th=""]Sugar[/th][th=""]Time[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]  [/th][/tr][tr][td]1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds)[/td][td]2 quarts[/td][td]1/2 cup[/td][td]1/2 cup[/td][td]1/2 to 1 hour[/td][/tr][tr][td]2 whole chickens (3 1/2 to 4 pounds each)[/td][td]2 quarts[/td][td]1 cup[/td][td]1 cup[/td][td]1/2 to 1 hour[/td][/tr][tr][td]4 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (whole breasts, split breasts, whole legs, thighs, and/ordrumsticks[/td][td]2 quarts[/td][td]1/2 cup[/td][td]1/2 cup[/td][td]1/2 to 1 hour[/td][/tr][tr][td]4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)[/td][td]2 quarts[/td][td]1/4 cup[/td][td]1/4 cup[/td][td]1/2 to 1 hour[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]TURKEY[/th][th=""]  [/th][/tr][tr][td]1 turkey (12 to 17 pounds)[/td][td]2 gallons[/td][td]1 cup[/td][td]*[/td][td]6 to 12 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]1 turkey (18 to 24 pounds)[/td][td]3 gallons[/td][td]1 1/2 cups[/td][td]*[/td][td]6 to 12 hours[/td][/tr][tr][td]1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 8 pounds)[/td][td]1 gallon[/td][td]1/2 cup[/td][td]*[/td][td]3 to 6 hours[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]PORK[/th][th=""]  [/th][/tr][tr][td]4 bone-in rib loin pork chops (12 ounces each), 1 1/2 inches thick[/td][td]1 1/2 quarts[/td][td]3 tablespoons[/td][td]3 tablespoons[/td][td]1 hour[/td][/tr][tr][td]1 pork roast (3 to 6 pounds)[/td][td]2 quarts[/td][td]1/4 cup[/td][td]1/4 cup[/td][td]1 1/2 to 2 hours
 [/td][/tr]

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky