Dry or wet brine for roast beef? (For slicing)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RrmyGuy

Original poster
May 14, 2022
Just wondering what everyone thinks about dry brining vs. Wet brining beef? Im looking to smoke a 3lb bottom round for slicing for sandwiches. Would you dry, or wet brine?

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks everyone, I dry brined my beef over night with kosher salt, pepper and garlic powder uncovered. Generously applied a rub ( I'm currently addicted to The bearded butcher's original blend) before smoking, and cooked it on the pitboss at 250 until it was 145.... It came out perfect, tons of flavor. I also smoked a turkey breast, I did wet brine it, then applied a nice Cajun style rub, and smoked it with the beef until 165, also came out perfect. Pretty happy with the results of both. They both got sliced up as deli meat.

Aint nothing better than self made deli meat! And it better and cheaper than what you get out of the deli at the store.

Jim

Reactions: RrmyGuy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky