Bread and pork and kraut

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redneck5236

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 24, 2019
Cold may day in western pa was only 23 degrees this morning to temp for day is 38 degrees! Figured it was a good day to run the oven in my cozy finished basement ! Whipped up a batch of homemade bread ! And have a roaster full of pork and saurkraut in the oven for about the next four and half hours !

Attachments

• 0509201228_HDR.jpg
    0509201228_HDR.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 0509201229.jpg
    0509201229.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 8
Cold may day in western pa was only 23 degrees this morning to temp for day is 38 degrees! Figured it was a good day to run the oven in my cozy finished basement ! Whipped up a batch of homemade bread ! And have a roaster full of pork and saurkraut in the oven for about the next four and half hours !

Some great looking loaves Redneck, and a real nice way to warm up the basement and make it smell wonderful, Like! Was 75º here at 5 this morning, almost triple digits at noon, love it! RAY

Nice...What do you put in your Pork and Sauerkraut? I get the best result with untrimmed racks of Spare Ribs. Great lean to fat ratio for Braising and there's no better meat source on a hog for lots of Collagen...JJ

Yeah....Leave a extra spot on the table for me. Nothing like a slice of homemade bread slathered in butter.

Nice...What do you put in your Pork and Sauerkraut? I get the best result with untrimmed racks of Spare Ribs. Great lean to fat ratio for Braising and there's no better meat source on a hog for lots of Collagen...JJ
Just a couple chunks of pork loin I found in the freezer ! Usually use country style ribs ! But working out of freezer for now

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Just a couple chunks of pork loin I found in the freezer ! Usually use country style ribs ! But working out of freezer for now
Just saw your from emporium ! Lol I live between ridgway and johnsonburg !

Hell, we are Next Door Neighbors!...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky