Brats and Burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Had a hankering for some burgers and brats on the griddle. 4 oz. meat balls and brats. Onion slices for Griddlin.
IMG_1405.jpeg
I wanted to try something different with the brats….I butterflied them with the intention of putting jalapeños and cheese on them.
IMG_1407.jpeg
didn’t quite go as planned as they curled on me. Guessing I should have peeled the casing off them first.
using my high dollar burger smasher…
IMG_1409.jpeg

IMG_1411.jpeg

Not the prettiest of pictures but still ate good. Fully dressed burger…lettuce, pepper jack cheese, grilled onions, tomato, and pickles with mustard and ketchup. Brat had mustard grilled onions and jalapeño. Of course had to get the required close up for DRKsmoking DRKsmoking and tx smoker tx smoker .

Thanks for stopping in
Jim

Looks great Jim . I do brats on the flattop too . I keep them whole and use a dome with some water to steam . I'll try the split next time .

Looks great Jim . I do brats on the flattop too . I keep them whole and use a dome with some water to steam . I'll try the split next time .
My plan was to cut them and form boats and then fill the boat with japs and cheese. Then they curled on me as I cooked them. Next time I’ll peel the case off and flatten them a little so the japs and cheese will stay on.
Jim

Nice spread.
No need to peel the casing. Just make lengthwise scoring cuts in the casing before half cut and also make a cut into the exposed meat. Sorry no photos to explain my method.

Reactions: JLeonard
Nice spread.
No need to peel the casing. Just make lengthwise scoring cuts in the casing before half cut and also make a cut into the exposed meat. Sorry no photos to explain my method.
Got ya I see what you’re talking about now. I had thought the one cut would be enough. Next time I’ll do more.

jim

Picture looks great to me Jim! I could get into that plate for sure. I really need to use my griddle more often.

My plan was to cut them and form boats and then fill the boat with japs and cheese.
Nothing wrong with that plan . Add some slits like suggested or use one of you cast iron skillets to weigh them down . I'm trying this some . I've only down them whole .

Curly or not they sure look good to me Jim.

Point for sure
Chris

Holy chit! I just realized I made the spinner. I am honored to no end. Thanks admin!

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky