Bone In NY Steaks on the Chargrill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
I’d been using the pellet grill quit a bit as of late and it was time to give Big Jake some Love. I started the chargrill with a chimney of Kingsford professional and then switched to hickory logs. I seasoned sliced some onions and sautéed them in fajita skillets
IMG_9067.jpeg

I added some Philly Cheesesteak sausage I made last week. And can be found here https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/philly-cheesesteak-with-jalapeño-and-swiss-cheese-easy-to-make.326825/
IMG_9072.jpeg

Let them cook for about 30 min. Rotating as needed and pulled when sausage hit 165 on the thermapen
IMG_9074.jpeg

once they were off it was time for the Bone in NY steaks taken from beef we raised.
IMG_9078.jpeg
Let them cook 5 mins a side before flipping the. After that I moved them over to the fire side

IMG_9079.jpeg

IMG_9081.jpeg
IMG_9082.jpeg
IMG_9086.jpeg

I pulled the steaks when they reached 125.
I’m pretty happy with the outcome.

IMG_9089.jpeg

IMG_9092.jpeg
The steak was perfect for us
IMG_9094.jpeg
the jalapeño added a nice touch to the sausage and I think I will keep adding in future.
IMG_9096.jpeg
IMG_9099.jpeg
The wife and I shared a steak so we still have 3 left for the week.
IMG_9055.jpeg
IMG_9057.jpeg
IMG_9063.jpeg
IMG_9062.jpeg
The fire was pretty hot and felt good to cook over wood. Even busted out my pig tail meat flipper. Thanks for looking.
IMG_9094.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9095.jpeg
    IMG_9095.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky