Bloody Mary Snack Sticks w/ bloody ol' pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

driedstick

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 3, 2011
N. Central Idaho
So finally got off my hinny and decided to smoke something today and this is what I found (Actually been hunting every weekend since turkey day TAG SOUP FOR ME THIS YR  DANG IT.

PS seasonings first try

All mixed up

Into the main player 80/20 ground beef remember tag soup for me

Acually found a helper today thank goodness and no she  BETTER NOT know what a Bloody Mary tastes like

sweet 16 my oldest

Into the smoker at 115* for about 1hr no smoke damper wide open.

12 1/2 lbs in the fridge smoker will be smoking with the amzt from todd with pitmaster blend

Back later with pics and yes they smelt great when mixing

Steve

Last edited:
Those look great!  It's great that you have such a great helper.  mine got off and married and moved away, She's coming home this Christmas though and wants to make some sausage and a baconator.  well, enjoy your helper before she moves on  to the next stage of her life.

Those look bloody good.....Mate

PS makes some good seasonings

looks great..........
drool.gif

Thanks everyone they turned out OK can anyone see what is MISSING???????

It starts with a "W" and is in a bowl ?????? Im such a ding ding some times in too much of a rush and forgot

Maybe this will help here they are done

cut up

casings were a little dry but texture was good

bloody Mary taste ??????? will wait agian after 1hr try agian and put in brown paper bag and give them a try

tomorrow before  I vac seal them

Thanks agian everyone for looking

Maybe I should have a bloody mary myself now ????? and forget about my mistake

They look great! Your making me hungry now Steve.

How about wolves, season still open for those?

Nice snack sticks.

icon14.gif
yes sir I have a couple of surprises out for them right now, during all elk season only heard them once I think the good Ol boys are doing their job this yr 

Thanks the more I taste them the more they do taste like a bloody mary  tomorrow night i may have to have a bloody mary with a stick of this and a peice of celery Yummy 

Already started on the Keystone light cant mix the two     not good if I do that 

I never use the water pan when I make my dried stix. I think they turn out better without it
They just seem drier to me when I dont use it still taste good thou = flavor is now coming out in them will vac pac them later today if they last

I never use a water pan either, I did in the beginnings of my snack stick smoking, but found it was #1 not needed and #2 I feel my sticks come out better. I like a little snap when I bite throgh the casing and thats what I get.

Rich

The taste finally developed after sitting in fridge, and casings arent too bad I guess, just when I first pulled them they seemed tough.

Very happy with the results so far.

Thanks everyone and they go good with a cold beer. did not have everything for a bloody Mary drink. will in future thou.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky