Birthday smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

96Romeo

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 20, 2020
Wife bought me an Amazn tube for my birthday. Figured I would try it out on some cheese. Never did cheese before. First I did Colby and extra sharp cheddar and mozzarella with apple pellets for 2.5 hrs and immediately vac sealed. The second batch I did we type cheese but with hickory and put in ziplocks in fridge and will vac seal later. I hope they both taste different later on because they both don't taste too good right now. Should I have waited to vacuum seal the first batch till later?

Attachments

• IMG_20200210_131849.jpg
    IMG_20200210_131849.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200210_160235.jpg
    IMG_20200210_160235.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200210_125709.jpg
    IMG_20200210_125709.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 18
I just got a tube and started my smoke at 7:20 today.
It is 39' outside here in N Cal.
Apple pellets. Old Char-Broil grill. Inside temp 41'.

How long do you guys age them?
Do you age them in the fridge or the freezer?
How do you determine when they are done?

... just a small tip of the hat to a Smokin' Guru ...

I am just a Noob and wish to soak up as much wisdom as I can. We just got a 560 and this is my third smoke.

I just got a tube and started my smoke at 7:20 today.
It is 39' outside here in N Cal.
Apple pellets. Old Char-Broil grill. Inside temp 41'.

How long do you guys age them?
Do you age them in the fridge or the freezer?
How do you determine when they are done?

I age mine for a month in the fridge before eating any, the freezer changes the texture of the cheese (in my experience)

Reactions: Will Squared
Can't wait to hear how the taste test goes. I did some cheese on my MES with the smoke tube. I think they turned out great but a few people think they are too smokey (used AMAZN pit master in tube for 3 hours then vacu sealed). Have only been aging for 2 weeks. I thought the Dubliner cheese was amazing. I might try the AMAZN tray next time but still having trouble keeping it lit. Still experimenting but loving tasting everything.

Reactions: Will Squared
Can't wait to hear how the taste test goes. I did some cheese on my MES with the smoke tube. I think they turned out great but a few people think they are too smokey (used AMAZN pit master in tube for 3 hours then vacu sealed). Have only been aging for 2 weeks. I thought the Dubliner cheese was amazing. I might try the AMAZN tray next time but still having trouble keeping it lit. Still experimenting but loving tasting everything.
Smoked Dubliner must taste Amazing !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky