Birthday Halloween Bash (Shrimp Boil)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ishi

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 30, 2018
My brother had a birthday ending in a 0. Instead of the siblings taking them out for dinner he wanted to do a shrimp boil.
He had no experience in doing one and knew I’ve done several and asked for help. Heavens yes I’ll help.
20 adults were in attendance and we ran 2 pots.
IMG_6999.jpeg

IMG_7001.jpeg

IMG_7002.jpeg

IMG_7003.jpeg

IMG_7004.jpeg

Shrimp boils are always fun. Timing is everything. That looks great. Good time and makes a party.

Here's my recipe serves 6 to 8

1⁄2 cup Old Bay Seasoning

2 A little salt to taste (Doesn’t need much salt if any)

4 quarts of water

1 (12 ounce) can or bottle of Corona and 2 shots of tequila

12-16 small red potatoes

2 large Vidalia cut in wedges or 14-16 boiler onions peeled and topped,

¼ cup of Franks Hot Sauce (less if you don’t want a little heat)

2 pounds of Hot Italian Sausage, cut in 2 inch lengths

8 ½ ears of corn on the cob Cut them in half

4 lbs large shrimp in shells or 3 ½ lbs precooked and flash frozen shelled shrimp. It’s your choice, (usually 6 shrimp per person)

You can also add other shellfish such as small lobster tails, crawfish, mussels, or clams. Just reduce the amount of shrimp.

Directions

1. In a kettle bring Old Bay, salt, water and beer to a boil.
  2. Add potatoes and onions; cook over high heat for 8 minutes.
  3. Add Hot Italian sausage; continue to cook on high for 5 minutes.
  4. Add corn to pot; continue to boil for 7 minutes.
  5. Add shrimp in shells, keep boiling for 4 minutes. Shelled and frozen 2 ½ minutes (Shelled Deveined &Flash frozen on the boat).
  6. Shoot 1 shot of tequila or throw it in the pot.
  7. Drain cooking liquid; Put it in a large bowl or individual plates and serve.
  8. Shoot the second shot and enjoy.

Last edited:
Shrimp boils are always fun. Timing is everything. That looks great. Good time and makes a party.

Here's my recipe serves 6 to 8

1⁄2 cup Old Bay Seasoning

2 A little salt to taste (Doesn’t need much salt if any)

4 quarts of water

1 (12 ounce) can or bottle of Corona and 2 shots of tequila

12-16 small red potatoes

2 large Vidalia cut in wedges or 14-16 boiler onions peeled and topped,

¼ cup of Franks Hot Sauce (less if you don’t want a little heat)

2 pounds of Hot Italian Sausage, cut in 2 inch lengths

8 ½ ears of corn on the cob Cut them in half

4 lbs large shrimp, in shells or 3 ½ lbs precooked and flash frozen shelled shrimp. It’s your choice, (usually 6 shrimp per person)

You can also add other shellfish such as small lobster tails, crawfish, mussels, or clams. Just reduce the amount of shrimp.

Directions

1. In a kettle bring Old Bay, salt, water and beer to a boil.
  2. Add potatoes and onions; cook over high heat for 8 minutes.
  3. Add Hot Italian sausage; continue to cook on high for 5 minutes.
  4. Add corn to pot; continue to boil for 7 minutes.
  5. Add shrimp in shells, keep boiling for 4 minutes. Shelled and frozen 2 ½ minutes (Shelled Deveined &Flash frozen on the boat).
  6. Shoot 1 shot of tequila or throw it in the pot.
  7. Drain cooking liquid; Put it in a large bowl or individual plates and serve.
  8. Shoot the second shot and enjoy.
About the same recipe and sequence as I have. Need to try the onions sometime

WOO HOO!! Now that's exactly what I'm talking about. what a fantastic birthday meal. Very well done and kudos for putting it all together.

Robert

Reactions: Ishi
Looks great and nice to have a happy crowd for birthday celebration

( I have to ask, never had a shrimp boil , so what is with the 3 slices of toast with the bite's out of them ???) lol
I'm thinking 3 people did not like the butter you used on the toast :emoji_laughing:

David
No I took a bite out of the toast after I dipped it in butter and remembered I had to take a pic of the plate of goodness 😋

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky