• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Best way to seal a Chargriller?

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

watermelonslim

Meat Mopper
May 7, 2008
So I was planning on getting a Stoker, but I read that it's pretty much a waste of money unless your rig is all sealed up.
Anyone who owns a chargriller probably already knows they leak smoke all over the place. Mine is no different- smoke pours out from all over.
What is the general consensus on the best/easiest way to seal it up so the Stoker will be worth the investment?

flagriller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Jun 22, 2007
I have one and did just the basic mods and have produced some good stuff. If you seal it to tight it may over smoke IMO.

chargrilled

Meat Mopper
Apr 8, 2008
There is a Gob of info on here about chargriller mods. Search member Teeotee and review his threads. He's got one on there about sealin up the CG.

IMO, I believe sealin it up will make it more efficient and you can begin to use your dampers more effectivly. Right now I roll up a towel and stuff it next to the lid on the table side. I also have used foil balled up and stuffed into any open holes. There is no doubt they leak, last weekends smoke I placed the SFB into the wind. I put up a wind break to protect the gap on the lid on the SFB side. Temps increased over 20*.

Good luck and have fun.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky