Best meat thermometer these days?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 29, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Last time I smoked meat Accurites, Maverick ET-73, and Thermopen were the thermometers of choice. I'm now seeing new brands that I've not heard of before, introduced to the market. What meat thermometer are folks using that they like (similar to the Maverick) versus which products should I avoid?

Reactions: JLeonard
I don't monitor the temps while smoking, but I do use an insta-read from Inkbird when I know I'm getting close.

Chris

Reactions: sumosmoke
I still have an old ET-73 that is still working, but I don't use it any longer. I use an Inkbird IRF-4S these days. It's a 4 probe outfit and the sending unit and base unit are rechargeable.

I’ve used inkbird for a few years now. I realized I don’t like having to use my phone to check temps instead of having the wireless stand alone device I can just set on the counter and peak at. I did just buy the two prong thermometer they listed on here with the deal. Got it for $15 but haven’t used it. ThermoPro is still good.

Last time I smoked meat Accurites, Maverick ET-73, and Thermopen were the thermometers of choice. I'm now seeing new brands that I've not heard of before, introduced to the market. What meat thermometer are folks using that they like (similar to the Maverick) versus which products should I avoid?
Thermal works. Thermopen, smoke, and billows are my choice.

I’ve used inkbird for a few years now. I realized I don’t like having to use my phone to check temps instead of having the wireless stand alone device I can just set on the counter and peak at. I did just buy the two prong thermometer they listed on here with the deal. Got it for $15 but haven’t used it. ThermoPro is still good.
Same here. I have a couple of Inkbird IR along with ThermoPro 2/4 probe and love using the remote base instead of my phone. And I've also had great CS with them!

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky