Beer can chicken today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pullmypork

Original poster
Jun 2, 2017
Did my first beer can chicken today. Not sure if it would have been any different without the beer can, but it was still good. Brined overnight and then rubbed with my chicken rub. Smoked on offseat heat on the charcoal grill at about 300 degrees with pecan wood for about two hours. Drip pan underneath the chicken. Breast was at 180 and still juicy, thighs were at 170. Skin got nice and crispy. Not much, if any, of the beer evaporated.

The only thing I would do differently would be to have drunk 3/4 of the beer first. The remaining heats up and evaporates through the bird easier. That being said your bird looks fantastic! Nice job. Are those wings on there with it?

Last edited:
No, that was the excess fat from my brisket yesterday that I was crisping up haha. I should have clarified that I did drink half the beer, so maybe some did evaporate, I couldn't really tell though.

Yeah , I agree . The bird looks good . Looks like you nailed the temp .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky